315r Pre Ignition

sonic

Hi all

Could you give me your comments on the following please

I have just bought a 2003 315R and when it is started i leave it to get warm before riding it whilst i am putting my boots on etc

If i blip the throttle when hot it makes a weird noise like a knock and i have been told it is Pre Ignition and the Montesa do suffer from this,they do run better on Optimax feul rather than standard petrol.

Is this normal with this bike?

I have had loads of Karts,Crossers etc all two stroke and never heard this noise on any of them

Its ok when you put it in gear and ride it.

Thanks

Hi all

Could you give me your comments on the following please

I have just bought a 2003 315R and when it is started i leave it to get warm before riding it whilst i am putting my boots on etc

If i blip the throttle when hot it makes a weird noise like a knock and i have been told it is Pre Ignition and the Montesa do suffer from this,they do run better on Optimax feul rather than standard petrol.

Is this normal with this bike?

I have had loads of Karts,Crossers etc all two stroke and never heard this noise on any of them

Its ok when you put it in gear and ride it.

Thanks

I have owned several 315's, and yes, they all do it. If you mix a 50:50 ratio of, at least 108 octane, with your pump gas, then all will be fine.