Classic Championships

tilertrialler

if anyone concerned with the acu reads this can you please update the classic championships on the web page ,they are 2 rounds out of date, I have tried e mailling the acu direct but thats a waste of time.

There are I think alot of unpaid volunteers, one of which may well be responsible for updating the site.

I should e mail John Collins he's on here somewhere and see what he sys, or phone Rugby direct.

Re - Request for Classic Championship.

The problem seems to be that at the ACU we have not received results and Championship points allocated for the round which was held on June 17th!

Several requests have apparently been made - but I am told today there has been no response.

The Torridge round was not posted as although the results wee all sent in OK - the office was trying to keep things in sequence - but I have asked that they be put in place asap.

I will continue to investigate what the hell is happening about an event held on June 17th -

Edited by John Collins

is the next round cancelled?

Would it not be possible to have one person responsible for this championship and when the result isn't forthcoming to pick up the phone and say where are the results John or georgeor whoever? is that too simple.

I always ended up doing my own excell sheet from the results, and this would be great to publish as part of the results/programme/rider list or give to tmx so the championship can be publicised and generate intrest as the series goes along. We were discussing where this series goes but lets try and pr whats readily available that alone might help the series a little.

Hiding under a bushell/ not keeping riders informed will not help it surely?

How difficult would it be at the first few rounds to collect e mail addresses and send champ positions to those intrested?

(meant constructively)

I have copyed the letter I had sent to me from the sutton falcons,

Hi All

Sorry to inform you all but this years Rosebowl Trial which is a round of

the Classic Championship,has been postponed from September 9th. The reason

behind this is that on the same day as the trial there is a carnival in &

around Beeley village & the landowners don't want upset the villagers. A

date has been found to run the event & as soon as i have conformation from

the ACU the regs will be sent out. Please email back if you want more info.

Cheers

Greg

email address is suttonfalcons@hotmail.com

I agree there should be an up to date page with information on.

I have copyed the letter I had sent to me from the sutton falcons,

Hi All

Sorry to inform you all but this years Rosebowl Trial which is a round of

the Classic Championship,has been postponed from September 9th. The reason

behind this is that on the same day as the trial there is a carnival in &

around Beeley village & the landowners don't want upset the villagers. A

date has been found to run the event & as soon as i have conformation from

the ACU the regs will be sent out. Please email back if you want more info.

Cheers

Greg

email address is suttonfalcons@hotmail.com

I agree there should be an up to date page with information on.

or if the acu already had the email addresses..........

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Sounds extremeley simple Nigel - and one would expect it to work. And we did

However - I can 100% assure you that within a very short period of time when no results/championship positions arrived - the phone was picked up . and picked up and picked up. Several people have been phoned, several people have been written to - copies were also sent to Centre etc.

At time of my first email ( yesterday or day before? ) there was still no sucess and no encourasging replies

However - I am assured that after more requests/letter/phone calls in last few days - results have arrived - and all should now be able to be completed.

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this will get picked up by the classic boys as this thread has died of late, but Lancs County can confirm that next year's Angela Redford Trial will be held on SATURDAY, March 15 the day before Bootle's round of the same ACU Classic Championship.

And the good news is that Lancs County will again be at Brookhouse Brickworks and they've also got a brand new piece of land across the other side of the access road to the start area on the gravel roads below the windfarm. Several members had a look at this new land they've been offered a few days ago and it should prove a superb addition to an already great trial. It has a decent hillside and some really good beck sections, probably 6 or 8 with the remainder on the land used last year, giving two laps of 20 sections as long as 20 observers can be found on a Saturday.

Crossing the road isn't a problem as it's simply a case of crossing, not riding along the road, so taxation/road insurance shouldn't be a problem if you need to push the bike across. Regs will be out in the new year with all last year's riders sent a copy. Entries will be on a first come/late number basis, so be sharp with a maximum of 125 and last year we had 122. Mike Rapley

With the draft dates for 2008 now being published is there any confirmation about any change of rules for the "ACU Traditional" series - particularly on the dual routes topic? (or otherwise) - or are these confirmed at the trials forum?

Dont want to upset any series organisers, but if this series is to be called "ACU Traditional series", should all the rounds be one lap of 40 sections road based?

Thats what Traditional trials are supposed to be about..

Or am i missing the point?

As i said i dont want to p*** anyone off who put all the work in to put a round on, its just a queary.

Seems a shame the DK Mansell and the Frank Hooper are not part of this series any more, these were Traditional road based events..