Fork Seals

eric23

Time to go through the front forks. Has anyone had any luck with bearing suppliers getting the correct sized seals rather than getting the official Yamaha parts? I live in a large metro city with several good industrial supply warehouses. Thanks

175 by chance? just searching for sources for my sons seals.

Its an odd size, I think 40.5 mm od or something. I ordered a (40 and a 41?) through TCM mostly taiwan sourced but avaliable at most bearing houses. They were about $2 each, but I have not yet tried to fit them in place. I suspect will be a dead end.

local Yam said NLA, but I question that. I know the dust boots are NLA.

there is an ebay guy selling seals, about $13 a pair. search on trials, he has TL125 seals listing always going ad nauseum. I have some TY250 seals from them, have not installed yet. Price is reasonable enough My concern is not fit or sealing ability, but how much stiction will there be.

kcj

Yes, it's a 175. I'll check ebay and see what's going on there. I need to pull out my parts book and get the size specs and call around. We've got a pretty good Yam dealer in town too. I was going to replace the boots with Seal Savers. Will keep you posted.