New Scorpa Owner

mikeallenby

Hi

im new to this site and to this type of riding.

ive just bought myself a 2004 Scorpa sy250 which im picking up on sat morning!

ACE!!

really cant wait ive always wanted to get into this sport and after a fairly decent injury in trail riding i thought i would try something ever so slightly closer to the ground :unsure:

as far as i know the bike is bog standard and have been told that its done 2 trials and a bit of practice work. fingers crossed its as good as it looks on the pics (like new)

have i made the right choice of bike?? my brother has a beta rev3 which i had a quick go on but it looks old compaired to the sy. as far as ican tell they get a good following but not quite as common as gas gas or sherco, im told they are bomb proof but slightly heavier than other bikes, maybe i can pull bits off here and there to make it lighter . hint and tips woul be good if you have any!

im relying on the 2 stroke to be simple to work on, cos i aint no mechanic!! buti am looking forward to tinkering.

my brother and i are based in the hawes area of north yorkshire and will be looking for a club to ride in as soon as we can. any suggestions would be appriciated, im sure there must be quite a few around this area

i will post some pics of the bike when i get it if anyone is interested in seing it. please dont pick it to bits and tell me its duff though i would be gutted :rotfl:

might see some of you soon if your in the area and trialing around

cheers

mike

Welcome to TC Mike. The advice which you've been given about the Scorpa sums the marque up well. Naturally all machines have their pro's and con's. At our level, the Scorpa is a brilliant machine and will do everything you need it to do, it's only when you get to the higher levels of the sport that riders start to notice it's limitations.

As with any machine, they can and do go wrong, especially if it has been poorly maintained or abused. Middle silencers are prone to splitting, the mudguard screws can strip where they go into the air box.

There isn't a lot you can do to significantly reduce the weight, but coming from trail bikes any trials bike will feel very light and responsive.

Good luck with the bike, let us know how you get on with it.

Pete

Mike,

I have an 03 and love it. You might want to get some plastic screws and use them to hold on the rear mud guard. This will save you breaking the mud guard during an unplanned get off. Carry a few extra screws in your kit. A carbon fiber silencer guard will keep you from blistering your left leg. My middle silencer split but has not again since I had it welded a couple of years ago. Remember to check your spark plug at least once a year. It is a little hard to get to.

Great Riding

Doug Wilson

oh dear :blush:

bit of a set back

long story i aint got the scorpa.............it was not as good as described and looked a bit ragged to me

never mind

although now i have plumped for a 1998 monty cota 314

not as new as what i wanted but for my first bike and something to drop its a bargain at