Carburettor For Tl125s

whitecrane

I am about to embark on a complete rebuild of a TL125s 124cc 1976- model. One of the many things required is a new carb body as the flange on mine has cracked (this seems to be a common problem). Can anyone advise on the availability of a suitable carb and whether one from another Honda single will fit should I have difficulty obtaining the TL one.

Thanks in advance. I have a feeling I will be posting a lot on this forum

D

I am about to embark on a complete rebuild of a TL125s 124cc 1976- model. One of the many things required is a new carb body as the flange on mine has cracked (this seems to be a common problem). Can anyone advise on the availability of a suitable carb and whether one from another Honda single will fit should I have difficulty obtaining the TL one.

D

YOU EITHER NEED CARB OF OLD HONDA CD175 OR EARLY CB125.BOTH THESE WILL MAKE BIKE BETTER.BUT THE CHANCES OF FINDING THEM ARE VERY REMOTE.YOU WILL NOTICE BOTH THESE CARBS HAVE NICE EASY WIRE THAT HOLDS ON FLOAT BOWL,GREAT IF YOU GET WATER IN CARB YOU CAN UNCLIP AND TAKE BOWL OF IN SECONDS.

D

YOU EITHER NEED CARB OF OLD HONDA CD175 OR EARLY CB125.BOTH THESE WILL MAKE BIKE BETTER.BUT THE CHANCES OF FINDING THEM ARE VERY REMOTE.YOU WILL NOTICE BOTH THESE CARBS HAVE NICE EASY WIRE THAT HOLDS ON FLOAT BOWL,GREAT IF YOU GET WATER IN CARB YOU CAN UNCLIP AND TAKE BOWL OF IN SECONDS.

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that the carb would pose some probs but I'm sure I'll turn one up somewhere. Mine is beyond repair so i'll have to work something out.

Cheers

D

The TLR200 Reflex carb is the same as the TL125 and I believe most if not all Honda 125 carb bodies are the same. I have even seen what looks like China made coppies on the internet. They were being marketed as a modification for bikes like the XR100. These have the same oval bore and were speced as 22mm. When looking at the engine side of the carb, the bore is offset to the bottom.

The TLR200 Reflex carb is the same as the TL125 and I believe most if not all Honda 125 carb bodies are the same. I have even seen what looks like China made coppies on the internet. They were being marketed as a modification for bikes like the XR100. These have the same oval bore and were speced as 22mm. When looking at the engine side of the carb, the bore is offset to the bottom.

Thanks for the info.

all the best

D