John Macdonald Road Trial

eiger

Hope all is well. This is a reminder that the Macc club (www.macctrials.co.uk) are hoping (subject to the foot and mouth crisis) to run a cracking road trial on 21st Oct. The start is near a pub - the Wild Boar - who have a campsite at the rear of the pub. (Check the link from the club site) 20 sections and 2 laqps.

So the plan is that after pitching tents on the Sat night we enter the pub where the recently employed Andrew Cecil Hallam (as long as he has enough time now he's working all these hours!) has promised to buy all trials enthusiasts a round from his moth infested wallet!!!

Southerners are welcome as long as they ride with 50 psi in both front and rear tyres! (The Addict included and any mates he brings!)

The winner willbe Iain Robinson who's Dad owns the famous Hawks Nest and who has recently purchased all of the land around Wincle too! Any other potential winners will be immediately classed as guests!

The pub does good food and the campsite which is in the rear garden (falling distance) has toilets and showers etc.

Sithee there folks

At least 7 new sections at two new (for the road trial at least) venues, we will miss out a few old favorites , but it will be worth it.

One gullie looked like it would take us hours to clear until eiger lost 50p out of the hole in his wolf gear and it was soon cleared.

Mac very funny that! Must admit I wasn't sure if I was annoyed at losing 50p or realising my beloved Wulf gear had a hole, you just wouldn't expect t after eleven years would you!

As for the J Mac it might be an idea for those wanting to camp on the Saturday night to let us know how many so we can let the Pub know as I understand it can get a bit busy on a Saturday night. See you soon.

Eiger

And just to add that if anyone can observe or knows someone that can the club are offering a free ride in a Macc trial and you will get a free drink in the Wild Boar on the Saturday night coutrtesy of Andy (Im so tight my a*** sqeaks when I walk)Hallam. Although he doesn't know it yet! Any willing observers can contact Gail or John on 01663-765857.

Anyone else wanting to help set out can pm me.

Thanks eiger

• 2 weeks later...

For those wanting to camp overnight at the Wild Boar, the landlord could do with knowing how many will be eating so he can put a few tables to one side for us, if those camping could arrive by 6pm at the latest and we can give him an idea of numbers. They stop serving food at 8.30pm then they have live music. Should be a good do.

Looking forward to the get together in the pub Saturday night almost as much as the trial itself. No doubt both will be a great event if eiger has anything to do wih em !!! I hope on this ocassion they will have the rugby world cup final on a telly in the pub, coz its the only time I would like to watch grown men cuddle each other !!! See ya all there . Ironpony ( Father Jack !!)

Andy

Good to see you today pal, oh and give my regards to your brother, sound bloke. I could see it in your eyes you really want a bike again so get one, bo**ocks to the house for now (don't show the Missus this!) just go and get a bike. In the meantime if you fancy a ride I have the Gasser 300 or a very sweet Yam pinkie you can borrow any time you want. There is a hire fee of course which works out at around two pints an hour!

Regards Eiger

Aye good to see you lot aswell fella.

Thanks for the offer of the bike hire, does it come with free Wulf-Sport branded clothing hire too? haha

That's the problem mate, there's no female in my house (cat apart) that's why i'm so skint, everything paid for by this fool here!

There will be another bike, i never sold my bike rack, helmet, boots, gloves etc ;-)

Ant's bought a new road bike too, pics of it on the same site as the trials pics, right beast!

Andy

How can no female be a 'problem'!! That is great news as you can still do what you want, houses sap money but nowhere near as much as a woman!! Oh and the Wulfsport stuff is ready and waiting but it does carry a hire charge of around 2 pints an hour!! Now where have I heard that before!!

Regards Eiger