Colorado Trials - Newb To The Forum

instinctual

Hi all, thought I'd post a line or two - new to the forums but not to trials riding :)

Name is Judd - I live out near Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado - around 7k feet, great area for trials riding, many people have said one of the best. I get out on a trials ride at least once a day, it's in my backyard - pretty spoiled out here :D

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my bikes, I have a 1975 TL250 and a 1994 Beta Synt 260 (well, also an '03 YZ250F, an '00 CR125, a '98 KX110, a '72 Kawasaki F7220, and a '77 DT100, lol):

trials.jpg

IMG_3044.JPG

betsynt.jpg

My SYNT just died on the way down the trail yesterday, no spark - so am currently investigating that problem....hoping their is a fuse on that bad-boy somewhere so I don't have to replace the condenser ;)

If anybody is in the area and up for a ride, do ping me!

Thanks -

Judd

Welcome,

Are you on the Grand Lake or Estes Park side?

Friends from Denver and I ride up by Grand Lake every summer. I like the Gilsonite trail.

DFW

I'm on the Estes Park side - Pinewood Springs, between Lyons & Estes. I ride Gilsonite all the time too, great trail ;) - - once you make it over to Wilson Pass (I think that's it?) that is a singletrack that leads down to the highway, cross that highway and there is tonz more singletrack on the other side, woot!!

Right here by Pinewood is some great stuff too - Johnny Park, Pierson Park, Parachute hill area, we have tonz of private stuff out here that is trials only.

Ping me if you're around sometime :)

That is, if I can get this dang Synt running again...I was riding above Pinewood the other day and dumped it off of a huge rock - the throttle stuck wide open and it spun around a bush about 4 times before I could get to it, then leaped out of my hands again and spun around a few more times wide open before "backfiring" and dieing. I was heading downhill at the time so didn't think to try to start it after that, just coasted a couple miles down the trail, then at the bottom it wouldn't start.

I would get a backfire here and there, but now there is no spark at all.

Wondering if anybody knows of a good electrical diagram site? I can't seem to find any fuses on this thing, wishing it had one as I'm assuming I've blown the CDI unit :D

Wow you are a lucky guy,

you should see my front garden !!! Got to travel nearly an hour to ride my bike.

hehe, it's a tossup Mark - I drive an hour to head into meetings in the city when I have to :D - and 30 minutes to get groceries or services.

BUT, I do have to say that driving for services is better than driving for riding, lol

Just an update for anybody else with a Synt ;) - mine quit running after a big crash, backfired, and then no spark. After I took it all apart to check that wires hadn't gotten banged up, I took the magneto cover off and out popped the center "nut" that holds the magneto on :) - so I tightened that back down and away she goes....woooooot!!!!!!!!

:D