"spare Bike, Sir?"(at The Scott)

tordijarres

...well, yes, that was the original point.

I accept the SSDT has changed- that's sensible, because it costs a bl**dy fortune to enter and you'd be mighty tee'd off if you had to retire on day1 through mechanical failure. HOWEVER, I don't feel this issue is the same for The Scott, because this is a Time and Obs trial, so time saved (and energy), regarding punctures in particular, makes a very real difference to the result.

Someone older and wiser will have to tell me whether wheel swaps were allowed in the "old days"- eg when Mart and Rathmell were riding, I reckon not....

If you have ever tried getting live bodies to cover the duties of a club event, you can totaly understand what a task it must be for event's like the Scott and SSDT.

The rules on the topic have been clearly stated, so anyone caught breaking the rules, will! and have in the past been disqualified.

So I think the answer to the question is, the club don't allow it and will enforce the rules if they catch anyone breaking them.

...well, yes, that was the original point.

I accept the SSDT has changed- that's sensible, because it costs a bl**dy fortune to enter and you'd be mighty tee'd off if you had to retire on day1 through mechanical failure. HOWEVER, I don't feel this issue is the same for The Scott, because this is a Time and Obs trial, so time saved (and energy), regarding punctures in particular, makes a very real difference to the result.

Someone older and wiser will have to tell me whether wheel swaps were allowed in the "old days"- eg when Mart and Rathmell were riding, I reckon not....

Well yes they were, Rhoda had locked the spare in the car and was not nearby so rastus through the wheel through the back window to get at the spare, apparently........

I assumed that it must be legit now to change wheels.... I read it and thought hmm they must have changed to rules.

Bike swapping and others working on riders bikes is also not unknown in events... I guess its what you can get away with.

I saw Colley swap bikes at a Brit Champ round many moons ago...... the minder didn't even get the 'replacement' dirty so the swap was a bit too obvious! Oh and Lampkin's Beta (aye when he rode Beta!) being worked on by others in Kinlockleven. etc... etc... etc...