Police Attitudes To Stolen Bikes

iconic

Not being a resident of them fair isles I'm a bit cautious about adding anything. But the problems experience or criticisms leveled at the plod in the UK are, to a lesser degree, also leveled in this country.

Eiger, I can only assume that you are in agreement with the copper that blogged his dissatisfaction with bureaucracy he experience and that he was packing his bags and going to Canada to do some real policing? His experience put the situation into perspective and that the vast majority of coppers would rather be pounding the beat and interacting with the community they serve than shuffling paper and manipulating statistics.

IMO the plod started losing the game when the local P.C. couldn't give a local tearaway a swift crack on the chops with his glove without fear of legal retribution.

Edited by TooFastTim

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim

Yes I agree with that cop who ran the blogs, he's written a book too 'Wasting Police Time' by David Copperfield, a sad indictment of our times but very true. A couple of lads I used to work with are now residing in your country and working as cops, they email me from time to time and say although some things are similar, you don't have the same level of political correctness yet (although I understand its on its way). They also say family values are far more prevalent in NZ than in the UK where we are bordering on anarchy.

Eiger

It's time all our police officer's wear a gun,Great Britain is seen as a safe haven for every scum bag criminal from around the world to come here and do there evil's,they come they mug they drug deal and when they've made enough money they go back to there own country and live like a king for a while,when they run out of money they come back and do it all over again.

A shot to the head or hang them to the nearest tree to remind the other scum bag's if they get caught it's good night forever.

• 2 weeks later...