'07 0r '08 Rev3 270

neil king

Is it worth the extra money for an '08? I there any difference besides the carb and plastics? It may be worth it for resale value alone. Anyone out there who's had both I'd like to hear from you. Or should I buy a an '06 Sherco at half the price?

I don't have long to decide. Thanks,

Neil King

Is it worth the extra money for an '08? I there any difference besides the carb and plastics? It may be worth it for resale value alone. Anyone out there who's had both I'd like to hear from you. Or should I buy a an '06 Sherco at half the price?

I don't have long to decide. Thanks,

Neil King

I have been to the Beta factory in italy, and got a full run down on the new bike, it has a lot of work done to the motor...The 270 is a weapon people i know have gone back to a 250 because of the power of the 270. basically the 08 beta is a different machine

R2w, after reading your report on how good the 250 is, can you quantify why after trying the 270 you have changed your order? Always heard that the 270 was a tarmac rippling beast for elite experts only. Would appreciate a quick summary of why you feel it is better as you have been lucky enough to have tried both. Ta

Can understand that. Always found it funny that nearly everyone buys the 290 Sherco over the 250 in Sherco World but over in Beta World, most go for the 250 over the 270, or so it seems.

So the question remains, is an 08 bigger Beta better?

Can understand that. Always found it funny that nearly everyone buys the 290 Sherco over the 250 in Sherco World but over in Beta World, most go for the 250 over the 270, or so it seems.

So the question remains, is an 08 bigger Beta better?

Back to the ShercoWorld thing ..I've had both the 250 and a few 290s...the 290 was more powerful but smoother/grippy and the 250 was snappy/punchy/tiring...the opposite way round to other manufacturers??... Until the 2007 250 came along??...(I 'm told)

Can't help with your main question tho'

But like Heath has shown:- Want it--try it--like it--buy it.

That's what I am wondering, whether Beta have smoothed the beast from a snarling tarmac rippler to an all torque, stump pulling bike that will reverse the rotation of the Earth in fourth.

Try before you buy is obviously the way forward here but other folks comments are interesting when they have owned or tried both.