Sheffield Indoor Trial

nigel dabster

Absolutely amazing night! Bou has taken trials to another level is there anything he can't do? all the riders were superb!!!

For anyone who didn't go, you MUST see the way he rode the cotton reels when the section was reversed.(video link needed here) It was just jaw dropping eye popping talent like you have never ever seen. And it was all so effortless.

Most of the time, he didn't even look to need a minder :o

I can't believe that trials can get any better than this man to be honest. :shutup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a superb event from start to finish. The hype about this being the best indoor event in the world is totally justified, this is a truly fantastic show.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the events format, method of qualifying etc, is adopted by the FIM for the WTC Indoor series. Having every rider start a section first, a stroke of genius. The design of the sections was such that it brought out all the skills of riders.

Bou - what can you say. The word perfect is used a lot in trials, his performance was just that. Perfect, with a little bit of showboating thrown in.

Doug - Once again proves he is still a contender, must of been one of his best indoor performances for a while. An outstanding ride to sign off his time with Montesa HRC.

Fuji - Again another very good indoor performance, always entertaining.

Dibs - Made some silly mistakes but I'm sure he throughly enjoyed his night.

Browny - Awesome.

Raga - Very much to his credit, tried to ride with an injured finger but had to retire. Its a shame Sheffield didn't get to see fully fit Raga, as he has proven that Bou doesn't always have it his own way.

Wiggy and Ross. Probably disappointed with their performance but they will be other opportunities in the future and this would have been valuable experience.

Well done to Avondale Management and well done to the riders.

Lastly not forgetting team responsible for the hard graft needed to dismantle all the sections and the post event clean up, which goes on into the night whilst we journey home to bed.

For anyone who didn't go, you MUST see the way he rode the cotton reels when the section was reversed.(video link needed here)

I should have about an hour's worth of video from last night which will include Bou's unbelievable ride across the cotton reels. Editing the video takes quite a bit of time but I'm hoping that it will all be up soon :shutup:

fantastic night , with some unbeleavable riding ,as atomant says bou on the cotton reel section reversed was the best riding i had ever seen , made it look so simple. (what sort of secions does he try in practice?)

good to see dougie riding like we know he can , top performances from all the riders ,though man of the night for me was the mighty atom. gave every section 100% just a shame the beta was running poorly.

only downside to the whole night was once again the promised big screen failed to appear.

well done to all involved in putting the show on , even my wife enjoyed it.

cant wait for the next one

Would it be wrong to ask? Should I wait for the story, videos and photos? Was Alexz piloting the TRW Future Monty?

Geez man give the guys a chance! The stuff will come in good time :o

Alexz was riding his Gasser along with Dougie on the Mont as their new contracts are for the 2008 season of course. Surely you knew that :shutup:

I should have about an hour's worth of video from last night which will include Bou's unbelievable ride across the cotton reels. Editing the video takes quite a bit of time but I'm hoping that it will all be up soon :shutup:

Even better, it would be more rewarding to view the other riders attempts first to put his ride into perspective. The whole ride was inch perfect. If the show had judges, he would have got straight 10's for that. Amazing!

Even better, it would be more rewarding to view the other riders attempts first to put his ride into perspective. The whole ride was inch perfect. If the show had judges, he would have got straight 10's for that. Amazing!

It'll happen :shutup:

I've no doubts that Andy and Kinell's coverage will be first class. I know how much effort they both put into it as I saw Andy getting the ale in during the break. That's the first time ever I've seen him drink on duty, so it must of been pretty damn hot on that Arena floor.

Come on now, stop the teasing, let's see some videos.

I will have photos online shortly. They're uploading now, but video takes a lot more time to edit down. I wouldn't expect that till tomorrow at the absolute earliest.

Just as a matter of interest, if this event was in early January, the riders would be on their new mounts for the new season and it would be the first event when anyone would see them on them. I would think from a commercial perspective, it would pull in a lot more people?

We would have seen Doug on the Beta, (bound to be a massive pull) and Wiggy on his TRW Mont (with those swish green wheels)

What do you reckon?