Youth Nationals

alan bechard

I think most of us are just going like heck to recover and get back to work! I spent most of the day washing, cleaning an putting up. I know many families are still on the road trying to get back home.

All in All it was a great time, the Youth Camp worked out better than I ever thought it would. It was well put together, and well attended. Having the extra time allowed my kids to absorb and use the information more, and then go back in the afternoon or the next day and refresh, or ask again about what they did not quite get.

The competition itself was great. My kids did well, and most importantly had a great time. The bikes all went well but as several people can attest I was nervous as I could be on Sunday Morning when Dean had to cross the creek on the little bike (Sherco 50) and it was washing on my boots when I crossed! It went flawlessly though, and the TTC crew had Steve Glinski (sp) there to help those that needed it across.

What was that line Dan???? 30% likelyhood of Sunshine????!!!!!!! It was great, the weather was cool even if it was a bit more than damp at times! The kids did not seemed phased in the least by it, and if you got your mind right, it was rather fun riding in the rain.

We have to get out the farmers Almanac or something but I wonder when the last time it rained like that on the fourth???

Anyway, to those of you that were not there, you missed a heck of a good time. It came off well and I certainly hope it follows a similar format next year!