Classic Trials Clubs In Central Scotland ?

weeroy

Hi,

I am new to trials and I'd like to get into classic trials. I have an old twin shock Fantic and would at some later stage like to take up pre65.

Does anyone know of clubs in central Scotland that accomodates this line of the sport or do I join a trials club and just go along with my Fantic?

Cheers

Hi Roy

As far as i know the Lanarkshire club and the Dunfermline club are the 2 big clubs around here. I contacted the lanarkshire club and they do twinshock although im not sure about pre 65 stuff. Due to having a young family and other commitments i havent been to an event yet- but plan to in the future.

Both clubs have websites if you google 'lanarkshire trials' you will find it- apologies if you already know this and let me know if you find anything else.

Hi,

I am new to trials and I'd like to get into classic trials. I have an old twin shock Fantic and would at some later stage like to take up pre65.

Does anyone know of clubs in central Scotland that accomodates this line of the sport or do I join a trials club and just go along with my Fantic?

Cheers

2/4 if he was on here has more up to date knowledge than I, as to how severe the Lanarkshire Club lay out their trials nowadays, however as you are central belt based it makes sense to go along to a LMCC meeting and see what their sections are like.

Pity you don't live in the North of Jockland as we have an active Pre65/twinshock nucleus in the Inverness & District. This year we plan to have a "C" route at our club trials to accommodate Pre65/Twinshock and ahem... Over 50/60 class riders!

Edited to add: One trial you must enter is our Two-Day Pre65 & Twinshock "Highland Classsic 2 Day" see details below!

Cheers,

Big John

Edited by Big John

Scottish Classic Racing Motorcycle Club run a trials series.Most of the venues are pretty much central/south west Scotland.We have trials in Balfron,Bonhill,Kilbirnie,Thornhill and Abington.The Abington trial is a 2 day event on a great piece of land.Not to be missed.Unfortunately we do not have a website but if you go onto the Lanarkshire website and e-mail the secretary,Alan Scott he will give you details of both Lanarkshire and SCRMC trials as he is secretary of both.

Lanarkshire club trials are good for your twinshock,the B routes are not too stupid.

Hope to see you at some events this year,I have a Beta Techno 200 at the moment,I had Bultaco twinshocks for a few years but retired to take up mountain biking then missed trials too much so bought the Beta.

Edited by davieboy

Not an LMCC member these days BJ but have ridden LMCC Nationals on occasion and I'm sure the Mull 2 Day and Bob McGregor 2 day would be enjoyable outings for a competent and fit (ie not old and with a clapped out back like me) twinshock rider. SCRMC also have a class for twinshocks and of course the Alvie trial has been mentioned. The fact of the matter is that most trials which have a twinshock class within them don't make any concessions to the bikes, you ride the same sections as the modern bikes. Having said that, many of these events don't really test a modern bike, more the rider's ability, so you can ride a twinshock in most I suppose.

Hi again and thanks for all your help and advice.

I emailed the Dunfermline motorcycle club and a they replied saying they don't have too many members into twin shock and pre65 but reckons they do cater for this area of trials. Lanarkshire is just a wee bit far from me, Dunfermline is a bit closer. The Lanarkshire club does sound good if there are other chaps into similiar bikes to mine, I'm bit worried about not only being useless but turning up on an old piece of junk. I drove down to Lanark today ( I thought the Haggis autojumble was on. Dohhhh! ) and it was a bit of a hike, where did all those roundabouts come from!

I suppose I will be able to enter twin shock events organised by other clubs while a member of the Dunfermline club ?

I would like very much to enter your Highland Classic 2 day trial Bigjohn. I'll see how I get on.

How often do clubs normally meet? and does my bike have to "road legal"

Thanks again

I don't think there is any road based trials here north of the border,so no your bike need not be road legal.

(someone will post now and tell me i'm wrong)

When you say Lanarkshire is a bit far,check out the venues of Lanarkshire trials.There is very few trials actually in Lanarkshire.