Hi New Member From Canada

beemerbob

Hi, everybody I just found this site in the middle of searching for some Italjet Trials 250 parts. I currently own a 1981 Italjet Trials 250 in Southern Ontario, Canada. 60 miles west of Toronto. The bike was purchased by my younger brother new back in 1982. There was 6 machines in Brantford at one time I am told. My brother rode Junior trials in the Canadian Motorcycle Association for a few seasons. Then he sold the bike to me.

I am wondering if anyone knows any connections with Italjet dealers? I did get some points and condensor and a flywheel tool from a dealer in the Boston Mass area a few years back.

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert:

I am clear accross the country here on Vancouver Island, but I was around in 82 and riding Nationals in Ont then too. The old importer was a guy name Steve Troupe who had a company called Zero-5 Trials. A real good guy! He was in Oakville at one time. I would google the ATA club in Ont as they have a online group and someone may know how to get a hold of him. I would be willing to bet that he still has some Italjet parts. Let me know how you make out.

Steve

Hi Robert The ATA site is a mail list not really a site. The easiest way to access it is thru the links on www.trialscanada.com Your best bet would be Neil Carter, if he can't help you he should at least be able to send you in the right direction. Best of luck, Dave

Hi Steve; I believe we met in Calgary or Edmonton in the mid 1980's, I was at a National trials round in Nordegg riding area. My brother Don had bought the Italjet with a bunch of his buddy's from around Brantford. I think Pete Varey had a 350 T which he rode in a world round in Owen Sound sometime back then.

I used to trials ride with the Waznie's in Brantford. Jordan Szoke's dad Bob, is a good friend of mine. I had to give it up for a while, as life got in the way.

I will try the link for the ATA club to see if I can get in contact with Neil or Steve.

Robert

Hi

I have had an italjet 250T for some time. A great runner which I want to get back on and ride. Gotta find a few bits first as I want to give it a once over and some paint. Do you or anybody out there know of a source for parts ?

Cheers

Mark

I have emailed Italjet on their website and I am awaiting a response. The engine was a "bultaco" based engine. I believe that alot of the parts are available from various distributors i.e. cables, shocks, brake shoes can be relined, hard plastic like fenders. Engines have a Nickasil chrome bore and somebody may make a piston?

My bike is pretty much original, although I don't have the headlight option anymore. I will post something if I find out anything.

Robert