Sherco

gas gas liam

Hello,

having a problem with my sherco. When you go top hop the back round and lean over the front petrol seems to come out of the fuel tank at the top where the cap is. Anybody else had this problem because its ruining all of my stickers, anything to do that will stop this?

Cheers for your help.

Liam

:thumbup:

Edited by Gas Gas Liam

what it is,is the rubber washer under the cap,its more like a hard plastic,and is'nt supple or soft.the washers are rubbish to be honest.there fore wont seal.

what i did was buy an 05 insert that goes inside the filler cap.be very careful,cut the little top hat off.leaving a nice soft rubber washer.take your old washer off and put this one on.BINGO,no more leaks.try that ok buddy.BIG BEN.

2 fuel tank issues for me

1) My '07 was leaking at the petcock....Seems one thread insert (that the bolt threads into) into the tank was not fully inserted, keeping the petcock/o-ring from fully seating to the tank. Just ground down the insert flush with tank and problem fixed.

2) Then the fuel cap started leaking like a sieve.....seems the cap is to small for the hole...or the tank grew. Cap was actually popping off the Tank. Took some teflon tape and wrapped the caps threads several times (to increase the size), along with a softer rubber belting for a gasket.

Stopped the leaks