Howdy From Colorado, Usa

rodzilla

Hello All,

Some may know me from KTMtalk and Thumpertalk.

After "wanting one" for years and attending 4 different Endurocross races and drooling over the trials bikes...

Looks like it's gonna happen.

I have an appointment next week to pick up a '00 Beta REV 3

I'm really excited, hope to get to know a bunch of you fine folks here on the board.

Yes the snow is a bear this year...looks like a late access year for my beloved singletrack.

But Denver, even if we get storms, usually is bare a day or two later (shhh, don't tell anyone) so with my little 1/4 acre of back yard I have enough room to learn to balance :wacko:

You'll love it, I got my Rev3 about three weeks ago and it's wicked. Best thing i've ridden, improving my riding every time.

They'll go up anything, if you can stay on the pegs. Get yourself a DVD or 2 from Ryan Young, it will get your technique correct from the start.

Welcome Rodzilla. You will find the Gilsonite trail is a blast on a trials bike.

Gilsonite

I've ridden Gilsonite many times on my KTM. Great fun. Couple of years back the quads had pushed through (with chain saws) and destroyed most of it's "flavor"

I hear they have tried to restore the singletrack character...I have not been back since seeing the atv trail through the wetlands next to the singletrack bridge...

Good it sounds like they have kept it (or returned it to) singletrack. As I said, it's been a while.

back around 2002, all they had was carsonite posts denoting no ATV and the ATV's had pushed through, leaving damage in their wake.

I even caught a couple 2 up on the trail and confronted them...the reply? "Gee we wondered why the trail was so skinny!"

I know they have put up full scale "gates" to limit access to wide vehicles now.

There is a place not far from there...miles of singletrack. So I don't make it that way much anymore.

Edited by Rodzilla