Majesty Tank?

zarkoff

Hi Scott,I know what your saying about the bottom rail but i think the rear engine mounts could be raised and the rails cut and then the two down tubes pulled back to meet the new engine position,which from my understanding is how some have been done.If I was going to do a single thing it would probably be to lay the shocks down just to see what difference it woul make.All these mods that you could make now to try and make your bike more like a Majesty does make me wonder just how many so called Majesty's out there are bikes that were altered by their owners..not sure what those splined bits were for?dont think they ever had a main stand,those two little brackets near the tool box came in handy for the bracket that holds me Boost Bottle.Dont think I would have bothered trying to alter the steering head angle.

not sure what those splined bits were for?dont think they ever had a main stand,

I would think they were probably footrest mounts from what the frame was original used for, i would think Yamaha probably just modified an existing frame for the 125/175 (possibly a trail bike) rather than just build a new 1 from scratch.

When i remove them i'll have to fit a wider bash plate as 1 of them spline things does a great job protecting the gear shaft.

I've also thought about laying the shocks down, might have a go with this spare frame.

I said in CDB that they are starting to make a slightly longer swinging arm for the 175 majesty, hopefully it might fit the original frame.

Just out of interest i weighed mine the other day 86kg, my mates 08 Scorpa 4t was 80kg, and a 06 Sherco 250 73.5kg so im thinking it needs to go on a diet.

Scott,

I said in CDB that they are starting to make a slightly longer swinging arm for the 175 majesty, hopefully it might fit the original frame.

Whats CDB? anyway i have slotted the rear axle holes and redrilled and tapped holes with studs in the swing arm to push the wheel further back,but would be interested in a longer one,let us know if you have any more info.

Edited by Andy.T

Whats CDB?

Classic Dirt Bike magazine Here, in the last issue there was quite a good article on Craig Mawlem, who now supplies Majesty frames and bits.

From the article "and hes working with Mick Whitlock on a longer swinging arm for mini majestys" the standard swinging arm fit the majesty frame so the longer one should fit the standard frame.

You could email him and ask when they are likely to be ready.

Try here

Edited by ScottT

• 9 months later...

Scott,

Whats CDB? anyway i have slotted the rear axle holes and redrilled and tapped holes with studs in the swing arm to push the wheel further back,but would be interested in a longer one,let us know if you have any more info.

I have looked at this myself and came to a different conclusion before reading here, I think the pivot point of the swingarm axle is too far back.

It is knowhere near close enough to the engine and countershaft sprocket. Compare this to the like year bike engine combinations of the TY175 to the YZ125 or the DT175. The swing arm on these bikes are right into the notch at the back of the cases and the swingarms are longer. Yes, these bike are for different purposes etc.

But reason that having the footpegs further behind the swingarm pivot is better for leverage on rear end bias and control. Just look at the 250 Majesty frames - Godden, and all modern trials bikes are like this. Why the stock 175 is like this frustrates me no end as the stock 250 is no as bad as this? The stock 175 is swingarm pivot is actually on the back side of the rear frame downtubes! Even the Majesty 175 frame in pics seem to be like this also, can some one confirm this? Mods to new footpeg plates to lower and move footpegs back achieve this a little, but the swing arm is now too short.

I was thinking to weld a new plates forward of the rear downtubes and add a longer swingarm overall. I compared the DT175 swinarm off one bike I have also which would be too long and heavy anyway, but sure there is something that could be found to suit. I really need a spare frame to experiment on with.

I emailed him to see if he had anything else and then through another sale he had to ask if he sold the tank and no replies either. If all you need is a swingarm it is a std Yam ty item try the breakers ??

Yes, standard swing arm is used in the Yam framed Majesty. At most, the shock mounts were moved slightly on the arm although I've been told this wasn't the case. However, mine are in a slightly different position than on a standard one, so was another one I had for a while. Difference is negligible though.

Usually one to be had on ebay UK or USA if none of the usual breakers here have one.

I am sure if you have set up Paypal you can buy from anywhere in the world ? Get a quote for post as it could be more than the s. arm ? In UK try Ellastone off road (google for number) another is D and K they have huge stocks of stuff from the USA and have sold TY's recently so may have broken some ? Try a wanted ad in the classifieds on here on front page. :D