Txt Suspension Linkage

bow wow

Hi,

I've got a slight problem.... no mother not that, its about my bike! :wall:

I stripped the suspension linkages down on my new GG TXT250 Edition 03, then went away for a week, bought the new bushes, and fitted 'em where they should go. So far so good. Now for re-assembly, HELP! :D

The two triangular plates that fit to the bottom of the shock, two dogbones and swinging arm, are perplexing me. The distance between the top hat bushes on the swing arm mount where the triangle plates fit is 57mm, the spacer that sits below it on the second set of triangle plate holes/dogbone outers is 51mm which means that the triangular plates should have an offset of 3mm per side. With me so far?

But they are parallel?!. What is the part of the plot that I'm missing? Should there be two 3mm spacers/washers in there? the diagram of the pro which looks identical (I dont have a diagram of the TXT) doesnt show any and the exploded parts diagram (which I have) doesnt show any either. I'm lost!

Either the spacer has a lot of sideways movement, there are washer/spacers I'm missing, the top hats are too thick or I've assembled it wrongly.

Any clues will be vital in my bid to become the second worst trials rider in the centre! :banana2:

Hi,

I've got a slight problem.... no mother not that, its about my bike! :wall:

I stripped the suspension linkages down on my new GG TXT250 Edition 03, then went away for a week, bought the new bushes, and fitted 'em where they should go. So far so good. Now for re-assembly, HELP! :D

The two triangular plates that fit to the bottom of the shock, two dogbones and swinging arm, are perplexing me. The distance between the top hat bushes on the swing arm mount where the triangle plates fit is 57mm, the spacer that sits below it on the second set of triangle plate holes/dogbone outers is 51mm which means that the triangular plates should have an offset of 3mm per side. With me so far?

But they are parallel?!. What is the part of the plot that I'm missing? Should there be two 3mm spacers/washers in there? the diagram of the pro which looks identical (I dont have a diagram of the TXT) doesnt show any and the exploded parts diagram (which I have) doesnt show any either. I'm lost!

Either the spacer has a lot of sideways movement, there are washer/spacers I'm missing, the top hats are too thick or I've assembled it wrongly.

Any clues will be vital in my bid to become the second worst trials rider in the centre! :banana2:

The linkage is the same for the TXT and Pro essentially. There is a copy of the GasGas USA video that U.S. riders get with each bike: http://d-mis-web.ana.bris.ac.uk/personal/H...f/media/gasgas/ and some fine soul put it on the web for all to see (my thanks again for that, I send a lot of riders to that site) so that should give you a good idea of how to re-assemble it.

Cheers.

Jon

Ha! Solved it!

Thanks for the link, but I've worked it out. About 3AM I suddenly woke with a EUREKA! moment. (insert double-entendre joke here!) :banana2:

The top hat bushes on the swingarm bracket go INSIDE the swing arm, they dont protrude like they do on the swinging arm pivot itself, they go inside the thing!

You have to press the two bearings into the housing until they meet in the middle, then put the seals inside the hole and then the top hat bushes fit inside, meet at the middle and everything fits!

Bingo! :wall:

I couldnt wait to try it, and several nagging sessions later I now have a fully functioning plushly suspended gasser!

Tips available for anyone else with linkage woes.

Cheers.