Professional Events

alan bechard

In a word Signage.

Marking the loop for not only riders but spectators too.

Section Scoreboards at each section showing scores of riders for that section.

Large easy to see signs on the roads leading to the event so you don

Section Scoreboards at each section showing scores of riders for that section.

I do not mean to be silly, but that is one I have never seen done.

Do you mark like best expert score is a 3? Or do you put everybodys name on there and mark their scores as they come through???

Not sure if I can pull that one off???? But it sure sounds interesting.

I am guessing this is done on a white board of some type?

We are blessed with a trials location exactly one mile from the interstate located directly on one of the major roads into town. And we put out large signs.

I am reworking the loop Saturday morning. Maybe I will rethink the spectator loop, I could cut through the middle of some places to make it shorter. I need to find the little feet arrows.

Alan,

I like a figure 8 loop layout. The more spectator friendly the better.

And is the practice area easily accessable ? I always thought practice sessions were the best spectating opportunities. All the big boys in one place at one time. Lots of action and photo ops before the event even begins !

We have 3 stadium type ( I prefer now to call them Damn Circus Tricks) sections situated right on the edges of the parking areas.

Was thinking of getting Hooters girls out to check them???? Not sure that it would be appropriate or not.

Not sure if I will open them up for Practice on Saturday, then mark them for Sunday, I had some folks with Concerns, because they felt it gave the riders that rode them on Saturday (unmarked) an unfair advantage, but there will definetely be at least one, maybe two circus trick sections available for practice, directly adjacent to the parking areas for practice Sunday.

I cannot really do a figure 8 in our land, it kind of ends up being a exaggerated kidney shape because of the lay of our land with the creek running through it.

It is very spectator accessible though.