British Sidecar Championships 6th April

bikespace

Regs are out for the British Sidecar Champs on 6th April in Mid Wales.

I don't have too many details other than those in the Regs yet, but if there's any questions I can certainly find out.

Last year was combined with the Classic Champs and there was some concern over the Classic being too easy. This year it's back to the old format, with the solo's providing a support class for the sidecars.

I understand that I will be dragged in to mark out the support route for the Expert solo's, but we have a mix of sidecar old boys and up to date sidecar boys to sort the chairs out.

For those that rode last year, the start was in a quarry. This year, the start is moved up the road a bit and will start at a local pub (we have use of the adjoining field). I believe the adjoining field is owned by a trials enthusiast, so there may even be a possibility of camping if the weather bucks up a bit, but I'll check up on that if anyone is considering it.

I live 4 miles away, but I may just be tempted by the pub :rotfl:

A good ride round anyway, most of our local venues, and looking like a possibility of a new one.

Also if you fancy helping with observing, which I think is always more enjoyable at a one lap event, please give us a shout.

08MidWalesCentreTrophyTrialRegs.pdf

How hard will the solo Hard route be?

I normally ride clubman route at events like The Bemrose

can anyone advise

Thanks

I've got to get the proper brief on it yet, which I'll try to do pretty soon. In my own mind at the moment, I would expect the hard route to be around our expert level (Llanfyllin trials), same as our Mid Wales Novogar for those that have ridden it, if anyone can translate to the Bemrose (I've not ridden it).

Definitely a fair bit easier than the Lakes 2 day hard route, but probably fair bit harder than the Lakes easy route.

In between the Manx hard and easy route. How am I doing? :mellow:

The clubman solo route is I think usually pretty close to the sidecar expert route if that gives you an idea. It's a looooong way easier to get a solo round than a chair.

Edited by bikespace

Strangely for us, no. Mixture of quarry, rocky banks and steps, probably some smaller streams.

Good run round but if you're thinking of our Forest Trophy trial in May, it's fairly different terrain.

P.S. Sorry, just seen your PM. Is your question answered above?

Edited by bikespace