Road Registration

merlin

I registered my Yam TY Pinkie by writing to Yamaha UK asking for a dating certificate so you can obtain the correct age related plate,

Yamaha Motor (UK) Limited, Customer Services Dept, Sopwith Drive, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0UZ.I enclosed a self addressed envelope but they returned this unused and the dating certificate (Yamaha UK headed letter confirming bike age) was free of charge

I then insured the bike on the frame number through Carol Nash tel 0800-2985511 (they allow around 2 weeks before you have to provide them with the registered number).

Then obtained an MOT also on the frame number, filled in the V55 registration form from the Post Office and sent this off to my local DVLA office (addresses available from your Post Office or via the internet on the DVLA website) along with the insurance, MOT, dating certificate and registration fee which including the excise licence was about

This is some information which I was passed by a mate on another bike forum.

As he states, he is a VOSA tester so should know is stuff.

Shaun.

This is a generalisation of the MOT only for some of the components that get checked.

I am a VOSA qualified motorcyle tester.

Tyres

Item 2 Motorcycle Tyres - Motocross or Similar

There is a number of Motocross or similar type tyres on the market with the spacing between the block treads greater than the block width and that have been approved for road use. According to the MOT Inspection Manual guidance these tyres should be failed unless they have an approval marking and MST (Multi Service Tyre) moulded into the sidewall of the tyre.

If a machine is presented for MOT test fitted with any of these types of tyres, you should not fail them just because they do not display MST. If the tyre is marked with an