No Sparks Ty

vaughan

Can anyone please help me with a problem with my TY 250 Twinshock.

I have a single wire running from the mag to the HT coil, i get a nice bright light on my tester from the wire but i cant get a spark out of the plug in spite of trying diff coil, lead, cap and plug ???.cheers,

Vaughan.

Guest majestyman340

Had a lot of problems with the points on my bike. Fitted an electronic ignition kit, and now bike runs far better, and no more aggro with points............well worth the money, and really does make a big difference.

Vaughan,

Have you just fitted new points? If you have go back to the start as a lot of the new points come with a "grey" coating which you need to file off. If you haven't fitted new points, maybe a good time to do so and also fit a condenser at the same time. From the Stator plate there should be 3 wires, one black and 2 yellow, the black is the live wire and this can sometimes get burnt and blackened from engine heat at the lower end and you may need to replace that. Then ensure the kill switch wire is disconnected and you should have sparks with a 15 thou gap at the points and 22 thou at the plug NGK B7ES. As you are probably aware the stator is a fixed plate but while you have the flywheel off check that the area between the magnets is free from little bits of metal.

Good luck

Tony