Trials Central Performance

Andy

Trials Central Performance  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you find the speed of this website?

• Fast enough for me all the time
    • Fast enough for me some of the time
    • Slow during peak times i.e. Sunday/Monday nights, but fine otherwise
    • Slower than other popular sites I visit regularly
    • I don't visit as much as I would if the site was faster
  2. 2. Where are you located?

• United Kingdom
    • USA/Canada
    • Europe (apart from UK/N. Ireland)
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Somewhere else

As Trials Central continues to grow, I'm interested in finding out how people find the site performs - Note I don't just mean the Forums as they're optimised to perform well, but the front page, the news side, the Classifieds, the calendar etc - I want to know how you as TC users feel about the whole experience. Please answer the poll above HONESTLY. If you find it sufficiently fast to meet your needs then please don't say it's too slow! I am prepared to invest additional money to improve things IF it's deemed necessary, but count on you as the community who make this site making honest responses to this. I'm not going to say what I think right now, but the fact I've posted this should show I have some concerns ;)

Please take the time to vote. It only takes a few seconds and will, ultimately, decide what I do as regards the future of the site.

Andy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works great at home with the high speed fiber connect.

At work, the seemingly overloaded T1 line can be a bit sluggish, but I doubt that is the fault of the server, do not know when you get into the intricate workings of it all.

;)

The front page always seems a little slow but nothing to complain about.

I've got a very low rated broadband connection, so I feel sure it's that which is slow and not the site.

Compared with the TBM site, TC is mega fast, almost every post on their forums has a long and complicated (often childish) footer/signature which takes time to appear! (And I get sick of seeing over and over again.) Looking on that site IS like waiting for paint to dry!

To overcome some ambiguity here on what people regard as slow and fast, could you give details of your rough location (i.e west midlands) , the speed of your connection. (i.e. BT ADSL 1mb Broadband ) and roughly the time it takes to display the full page.

For me:

Connection (home): 2MB Cable Virgin (was Blueyonder which was better)

Speed: 4.5 secs for the front page. Forums around 3 seconds. ( much slower in the early evening . sometimes as much as 10 seconds)

p.s. ( all after emptying the cache)

I'm more interested in the demographic of the site. I've always assumed it was heavily weighted towards UK members. So far it's pretty even, but I think that is more due to the time the poll was put up.

Yeah I'm surprised at the Spanish guys on here (Greeves etc). I'd like to know if any of the TC regulars also post on TodoTrial.

I visit the site at least twice per day for news and info on my hobby of restoring Twinshox, im never disapointed and have made some great contacts and a few friends.

On a slightly negative side I do find the site slow at times when the next page times out, also just a suggestion but a good makeover of the front page is long overdue it is looking tired these days, some of the headlines are yonks old.

All in all though i wouldnt be without it,

Well done Andy and keep it coming.

Vaughan.

Site speed in Hampshire UK is fine on ordinary broadband a few few seconds maybe but quite acceptable.

Let's say 250 rather than 290.

I agree the front page could do with a make over though I appreciate it could be a lot of work.

Keep up the good work

Regards

To overcome some ambiguity here on what people regard as slow and fast, could you give details of your rough location (i.e west midlands) , the speed of your connection. (i.e. BT ADSL 1mb Broadband ) and roughly the time it takes to display the full page.

For me:

Connection (home): 2MB Cable Virgin (was Blueyonder which was better)

Speed: 4.5 secs for the front page. Forums around 3 seconds. ( much slower in the early evening . sometimes as much as 10 seconds)

p.s. ( all after emptying the cache)

Connection (home): 8MB BT Internet

Speed: 2 secs for the front page. Forums around 5 seconds. (can be slower in the early evening, occasionally as much as 10 seconds)