07 Beta Rev3 270 Carb Problems. Any Ideas?

Guest iwilson

Guest iwilson

Ive got carb problems with an 07 270 rev3. Its fine apart from on recovery after a handful of throttle when it sounds like its short of fuel. If you park it on idle with the front wheel up an incline it practically stalls. Tried the usual including mixture screw, carb clean , new plug, new fuel, clean filter . Could it be float height? Its set as per the carb mods on the R2W site but has been for a while.

Guest iwilson

Is there a measurement for the correct height. I had it set as per the r2W site but Ive checked my mates 07 250 which is untouched from the factory and his are set virtually parallel with the carb casting when placed flat on the table upside down . I did try the float bowl extension but it made no difference . It is back off at the minute so i am just trying one thing at a time so I dont lose track.

Edited by iwilson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iwilson

Looks like it was the float height. I have set almost parallel to the carb body when placed upside down. I also adjusted the stop tang which allows the needle valve to open. It looked like it was only allowing the petrol to trickle through even when the floats were at the bottom!. Bike runs Ok now.