Techno Front Brake Woes....

lucky7s

Hi all,

Been doing some work on the brakes on my techno, and decided to renew the master cylinder seals etc on the front brake and strip and clean the front caliper (which is a brembo, not AJP for some reason - is this right?). Ordered the relevant AJP kit part no.,AJP006FBKIT

but on arrival its totally different to the one thats fitted already even though i gave BVM the bike year and details. On inspection it seems to be a different master cylinder from others that i've seen on the techno, and looking on BVM's parts website, the piston that matches the one in mine is described as 'AJP 12mm seals kit - part no. AJP008/12MC

and has a beefier spring arrangement and non bellows type gaiter. The current piston on my master cylinder slides right out of the body, which i'm pretty sure is not right as i would've thought there should be a circlip or something retaining it as on the clutch side. The pic on BVM shows a circlip as part of the 12mm kit but I cant see a groove on the piston for one and i cant visualise how it should go together. Am i missing something here? Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped lol!

Edited by lucky7s

Hi all,

Been doing some work on the brakes on my techno, and decided to renew the master cylinder seals etc on the front brake and strip and clean the front caliper (which is a brembo, not AJP for some reason - is this right?). Ordered the relevant AJP kit part no.,AJP006FBKIT

but on arrival its totally different to the one thats fitted already even though i gave BVM the bike year and details. On inspection it seems to be a different master cylinder from others that i've seen on the techno, and looking on BVM's parts website, the piston that matches the one in mine is described as 'AJP 12mm seals kit - part no. AJP008/12MC

and has a beefier spring arrangement and non bellows type gaiter. The current piston on my master cylinder slides right out of the body, which i'm pretty sure is not right as i would've thought there should be a circlip or something retaining it as on the clutch side. The pic on BVM shows a circlip as part of the 12mm kit but I cant see a groove on the piston for one and i cant visualise how it should go together. Am i missing something here? Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped lol!

Much easier to help with some pics if you can

• 4 months later...