Silk Trials Bike

martinm

• 8 months later...

Long dead thread but.... I built one of the Mickmar bikes and rode it for a season in '76. Mike Martin and George Sartin provided the parts and space at the Talon workshop in Yeovil. We used a Sammy Miller HiBoy frame and Honda tank. Another guy (Mike) also built one, chrome or silver tank if I recall.

Well do you remember which Honda tank you used? A TL 250 one with also seat and side panels of the same bike?

• 7 years later...
On 6/20/2012 at 2:49 PM, ninefives said:

Long dead thread but.... I built one of the Mickmar bikes and rode it for a season in '76. Mike Martin and George Sartin provided the parts and space at the Talon workshop in Yeovil. We used a Sammy Miller HiBoy frame and Honda tank. Another guy (Mike) also built one, chrome or silver tank if I recall.

Does anyone remember what happened to the cotton mickmar. I have been speaking to John Close that rode it for a season and he remembers dropping it off back at Talon and that was the last he ever saw of it.