Should I Go Scorpa?

_tr11al5

Hey everyone, i have had offers to ride both a Scorpa and a Sherco, the deal with the Scorpa will end up bein better for me. however i have ridden sherco since i started and am wondering wether people think the 08' sy 250 is a good bike??

Edited by _TR11AL5

I was talking with Jack Field -Australia's only true professional Trials ride. You know he went from Sherco 290 to Scorpa SY250R and reckons he can do way more on the Scorpa than he ever could on the Sherco - and they do some BIG @#$%! and they give them heaps. I reckon that's a pretty good rap on it's own. Go Scorpa.

Only my view as somone who has been involved with a number of road racing teams in the past.

If you are riding at a high engough level, for a team and all things are equal, (Bonuses, support, team set up etc) then the only thing you need to think about is "which bike will I loose the least marks on?"

I really like the Scorpa SY250 but I would suggest (and this is only my opinion) that it may cost you a few places in an event compared with a Sherco. Finishing places are important as a proffessional rider and I would choose the Sherco.

Now, if you have to buy your own bike and run it for a season, that's a different scenario, the Scorpa may cost you less money. As a clubman myself (and not a very good one at that,) where it doesn't really matter if I finish in 15th or 20th, I would choose the SY

It's a close thing.

Try asking the Sherco team for a better deal to make your descision an equal one.

Edited by scorpa3