Sherco 125cc

shercotommy

I would replace the gear selector return spring. It is a simple job. These have been known to fail and little pieces of spring can do a lot of expensive damage.

Never broken one in the last eight years of operating these things, exceptions do occur, but not the rule! :gay:

I would suggest going to the RYP site, then pulling up the manual section on the sherco's

Then I would read through, then start with a good wash of the bike and if it were mine, I would probably change all the fluids out and go through and do the greasing routine. (dog bones, swingarm and headstock)

I would pull the flywheel cover and peer around a bit, I would look at my air filter, and it's connecting boots with a critical eye.

I would peer around in the bottom of the carb, and write down my jet #s somewhere, I would pull off any vent tubes on my carb, I would make sure my crank vent went up then down and was not blocked with gunk.

I would go ahead and pop a new plug in it, and probably pull the tank in the washing stage and peer at the wiring harness a bit and make sure everything was laying there nicely.

I would gingerly look at the petcock and see what set up it had on it, and insure it looked secure.

I would eyeball my wheels close, and put a wrench on sprocket bolts and disc bolts.

I would check all my spokes for tension, and would look if someone has a tube stuck in the back tire.

In the course of changing my front fork oil (and I would pull the forks and rinse them in this process) I would look over the front brace and spacers etc making sure everything was copeasetic (hey Mark!)

Either that, or I would just get on and ride the dog p*** out of the thing and fix what broke. :gay:

Have fun, great bike, Think I still have one or two in the trailer I have not seen in a LONG time.