How Do You Bleed The Clutch On A 94' K Roo 250

mataos

How do you bleed the clutch on a 94' k roo 250, there is no bleed nipple (unless its inside the engine casing) the pipe just goes in to the casing on the opposite side to the clutch! can you just bleed it from the lever? or do you have to bleed it from the slave cylinder?

I have got as much of the air out as I can from just pumping the lever but it still has air in the system and the clutch wont disengage fully, is there a trick to it?

anyone know where to get a workshop manual?

Thanks

A tip....10 full pumps on lever..then tie or tape or bungie lever to handlebar, leave overnight. Gives the air in the system a chance to work its way upwards, through the open valve in the master cylinder. Hopefully in morning should work, providing the clutch pushrod is correctly adjusted.

or you can try and bleed it off using a syringe and some pipe, thats how i do it for my clutch and brakes works everytime (be sure to use a big syringe so you can flush the whole system in one go)

fill the syringe up and make sure there is no air in there,

attach the pipe onto the syringe and then onto the bleed nipple, (use the same size pipe like whats going from your carb to you petrol tank)

loosen off the nipple and take the cap of the clutch leaver and force it back over slowly.

Should do the trick and you wont have to wait long to see if it has worked. Which it will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I would of done, but it does not have a bleed nipple, the pipe just goes in to the engine casing, the slave cylinder and I guess bleed nipple is hidden away!

It now works well from pumping it and cable tie the lever in all night!

• 3 weeks later...
It now works well from pumping it and cable tie the lever in all night!

I'm so pleased that you tried my advise, it seems so simple, that simple that in fact, people dismiss it. The same can be achieved with the front brake also, this type of hydralics, uses mushroom type seals, leaving them under pressure pushes the seal onto the cylinder wall, creating better feel. Do it to both clutch and front brake, the evening before the trial, you'll be amazed !

Edited by ask greeves