Twinshock Hybrid

scotty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

I had a nice trial last weekend (aywaille cluban trial in belgium), the guy who won the inter class rode a "fantic 300" he used gasgas forks (+- 2004-2005) and his engine was something special to, the fins where a lot smaller then a normal 300 maybe from one of the monoshocks (301?) and tubeless rear wheel. Rules in Belgium are not that strickt aircooled engine twinshocks and drumbrakes so it was ok.

The guy who rode it was verry good but i'm not sure if he would have won on an standard bike ...

regards Bob

hey,

I had a nice trial last weekend (aywaille cluban trial in belgium), the guy who won the inter class rode a "fantic 300" he used gasgas forks (+- 2004-2005) and his engine was something special to, the fins where a lot smaller then a normal 300 maybe from one of the monoshocks (301?) and tubeless rear wheel. Rules in Belgium are not that strickt aircooled engine twinshocks and drumbrakes so it was ok.

The guy who rode it was verry good but i'm not sure if he would have won on an standard bike ...

regards Bob

:hyper: really looking forward to responses on this one..... :D

Actually, my own opinion - those mods, whilst an improvement yes, not significant enough to warrant a title of trick bike. It's still essentially a 300 Fantic.

Interesting that about the drum brakes. As disc brakes were invented by a brit in 1902, would it be fair to say that if someone fitted disc brakes on a twinshock then that would be allowed? This goes for EFI as well. (Invented in the 60's)

See, if the technology was around at that time,(even pre65) then surely it could be perceived that anyone could fit it to a motorbike ?

Interesting angle Atom.Well who cares fit what you like discs all round change the steering head angle, fit tubeless rims Efi if you want. But I think you'll find that it has something to do with the rider at the end of the day. I could have it all singing and dancing but it would make no odds. The size of the wallet does not always bring home the trophies. :hyper:

I showed the better half the new Scorpa 125/200 test in YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE and she promised to buy me one when I come first in my class. (That will never happen then.) Never mind. :D

Interesting angle Atom.Well who cares fit what you like discs all round change the steering head angle, fit tubeless rims Efi if you want. But I think you'll find that it has something to do with the rider at the end of the day. I could have it all singing and dancing but it would make no odds. The size of the wallet does not always bring home the trophies. :hyper:

I showed the better half the new Scorpa 125/200 test in YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE and she promised to buy me one when I come first in my class. (That will never happen then.) Never mind. :D

HA HA - It's not about bringing home the trophies. :thumbup: I was just thinking that if you get most of your enjoyment out of fettling the bike, rather than riding it, you could effectively build a Fuel injected Mono shock bike with disc brakes and the technology would all be from before the era suggested.

Just a thought :P

hey,

regards Bob

Was that the German guy with the section forks ,well we all know their up to something !

Good English entry ,well marked out sections, strange weather, and did you know their

no stop rules are, you can stop with one foot on the ground for as long as you like and

only be marked a one :D

P.S anyone mentioned modern steering geometry yet :hyper:

I see that. Personally I have had a guts full of fettling the bike.I used to work in the trade etc etc. That is why the Scorpa 125 (with the modern steering geometry) for Paioli :hyper: is a must.Minimum fettling, having said that there is a Majesty receiving some attention and a few pounds to get out there with the twinshock crowd. Cheers :D

Edited by bo drinker

bo is that modern,period,trad or classic attention or maybe painfull attention

or in other words will you be jumpin off the bike when you ajust the head angle ! :dunce:

I hear pitley is thinking about wearing full mx armor/helmet when he ajust's his,

would advise 5 pints of rough per degree, for the anaesthetic before impact ! :wacko:

I hear pitley is thinking about wearing full mx armor/helmet when he ajust's his,

would advise 5 pints of rough per degree, for the anaesthetic before impact ! :dunce:

5 pints per degree so 4.5 degree=22.5 pints :wacko:

Right then wheres me diving helmet :angry:

Look what happened when i tried to adjust the head angle on the SWM using the "garage wall" technique :wacko:

DSC00026.jpg

Good job it's not a Jumbo, otherwise the neighbour's house in the background would have gone too...

That looks like a tricked up sack truck to me, look at the steering head angle on the thing, not in keeping sureley. Paioli don't get Pitley on the rough cider he crawls around the neighbourhood he told me. He would never get the steering sorted out , hic!. :dunce::wacko:

Edited by bo drinker