Mckenzie Trophy Trial

ianj

What a cracking photo, is that the 'Danny's Leap of Faith' section?

That jump must have been an a*** twitcher for most of the riders :wacko:

Just for the record, "Dannys Leap of Faith" was marked out by Danny Cockshot apparently - and for those that have read the 'Dougie Lampkin Experience' thread, you will know that Danny is minder for Ben Hemmingway.

Not very interesting, I hear you say. But if you'd seen Ben attempting said section on the day, you will understand why I find it amusing. Talk about stitching your mate up! Ben looked for all the world like he was about to soil his lyrca tackling that one!! And the fact that he almost came up short probably didn't help the laundry!!!

Very spectacular - certainly a crowd pleaser!!!

All in all, I love going to the Mackenzie Trophy - I've been every year for the past few years, and it never ceases to impress me, both as a venue and as a 'day out'. The music becomes background noise pretty quickly, and you hardly notice it. A new venue would certainly pose a different challenge, but as a pure viewing spectacle, I think you'd be hard-pushed to find a venue that provides such spectacular sections against such a stunning back-drop.

KB.