Name The Year And The Rider

overthehill

Right...getting Pi$$ed with this now.....

1. Bernie Schreiber

2. Martin Lampkin (John Reynolds we've established I hope)

3. Manuel Soler

The cunning link - all three were on Bultaco's works team at the start of the year and successivley jumped ship, Soler to Montesa (hence the Mototenecia riding gear that only the works team had) Mart to SWM and lastly Bernie who moved to Italjet not long after the Scottish which Vesty won on a Mont.

As to the bonus...looks like a young John Lampkin first Scottish aged 17 on a 125 Bultaco???????

Slow day in the Met office.....

Edited by Slapshot 3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys just realised that i might have thrown you a wobbly

the second photo is of course Mart with JR watching him but it was not the same year as the other two - it was 81 when mart first rode SWM.

so its now down to the other photos as the bonus one has been guessed correctly as a very young Johnboy. (some stickers for you slapshot - see me in the fort)

By Heck!

Those were the days... before all that hopping sideways and skipping backwards and jumping about began.

Before the trial almost disappeared completely and Willie Dalling in collusion with Peter Stewart of Hamilton Cables hatched a cunning plan to go "no-stop" once again!

Oh for the 1970's and 80's to re-appear once more...but wait a minute.... maybe they have...... with twinshock trials!!! :wacko:

Big John

so its now down to the other photos as the bonus one has been guessed correctly as a very young Johnboy. (some stickers for you slapshot - see me in the fort)

Yeaaahhhhh

John rode a Lochaber National trial not long before the Scottish on the 125 Bulto. Poor begger rode round that day with Messers Young (Senior) and McMeechan...Baptism of fire in Scotland with that pair in their heyday......I was observing, poor bloke looked shell shocked

Edited by Slapshot 3

sorry guys just realised that i might have thrown you a wobbly

the second photo is of course Mart with JR watching him but it was not the same year as the other two - it was 81 when mart first rode SWM.

Do you ever wish you didnt start something !!! :wacko:

the above is rubbish - Mart must have first ridden the SWM in 1980? although he is down as Bultaco in the programme - HELP BJ

the year is 1980 the photos are of course

Schreiber

Lampkin with J Reynolds watching

and the mystery rider who is .............??

The cunning link - all three were on Bultaco's works team at the start of the year and successivley jumped ship, Soler to Montesa (hence the Mototenecia riding gear that only the works team had) Mart to SWM and lastly Bernie who moved to Italjet not long after the Scottish which Vesty won on a Mont.

OTH, i 've a feeling the crash of the Bultaco factory had a lot to do with it. Certainly Mart started the season on the Bultaco but switched early to SWM, my programme says Bultaco as well....no doubt The Prof will fill us in later

Okay last crack at it

Tried tracking down the Montesa Team over the early 80's the riding gear gives that away perdominatly, It could be Curt Comer, American rider but lets go for Charles Coutard, he looks suitably Gallic....