My New 250pro

cdn280

Moved down to a 250 from a 280, for a softer power, but mostly for some handling improvements, and the main reason was the wife was ok with the update... hehe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/washburnsurfer/2358219750/

The bike was a bit of a shock at first. It was thought that it would be the non-homologated one with the led headlight, but it turned out to be a homologated version with the hi/low beam headlight and all the other street bits except no lean jetting or catalytic head pipe.

Some immediate things I've noticed from my old 2002 model.

- the front end definately holds a line better and it not so easily washed out or deflected

- the kick starter ratchet is different and makes for a little better kick over

- slightly more weight on the front makes lifting the back wheel during hopping or a stoppie easier (or maybe its just the fresh suspension) but the back end does seem lighter picking it up and the one piece silencer/muffler feels solid when picking the bike up with it.

- the carb has a plastic extender on it that makes the new seat/airbox connection much easier to re&re and line up.

- the softer power seems to work better for the low traction places I ride, and I haven't tried the 10tooth sprocket that also came with the bike or a slow throttle tube yet.

I've got a couple questions though...

1 - not that I'll leave it on the bike, but, as it was on my 300EC, the speedo works and lights up, but the tach doesn't. What wire needs to be connected ? Silly item on a trials bike I know, but I'll leave it on to see what the thing actually idles at and revs to.

2 - it came with a gold IRIS chain. I've read a few bad things about the IRIS brand, is this one any better ?

Edited by cdn280