Ht5 - Project

wallo123

Hello, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a new HT5 replica frame? I want to build a project over the summer months as I'm fed up sat in front of a computer at work. Ideally I'm after an oil in the frame version.

Also interested in any complete bike ot projects that are for sale.

Thanks in advance.......

Honestly, you would be looking at significantly more than that to buy a rough donor bike before starting to build a decent HT5 trials bike.

I reckon 3 grand ish for a fairly good standard bike then the limit is only goverened by your wallet or where you want to stop. Fortunately wallo my wife is pretty understanding!

Guest majestyman340
I have it on the word of the editor of Classic Dirt Bike that what he said was "it might be possible to build one for around

Hello, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a new HT5 replica frame?

There are a number of sources including Sammy Miller (strangely enough!) as well as John Bartram and Jim Susans last I heard.

They also supply alloy engine mounts, bash plates and such as well. Started here with an existing engine and gearbox several years back and bought just about everything else. There are cheaper project bike options then an Ariel of course...but then none of them are Ariels! :rolleyes: and

What spend 4.5k on the motor ?? All in the spirit of pre 65 of course. Get it spent..... You can't take it with you. :thumbup:

Perhaps not all of on the engine.... Actually, the engine is pretty sorted, I think mine will only need the cosmetic build done as it's pretty nice to ride already in it's relatively standard trim. Will try to have it out for one of the trials in your area before too long - Dave

Not sure that Sammy Miller is still in the business of selling bike parts..............

Could be. That was a few years back. I think he had someone else making the frames for him in recent times anyway, and there are a number of other sources as noted elsewhere here. The last Miller catalogue I had included a pretty comprehensive HT/pre-65 section including fendors (sorry, mud guards!) , fuel tanks, air boxes, controls, etc. I'm sure there are still lots of other sources out there (such as Surrey Cycles) as well.

Doug