Ht5 - Project

wallo123

Hey dave bring it along on the 27th, would love to have a nadge round on the ol girl. :P

Its been 3 years since i got my leg across her!! :thumbup:

Sorry Pitters its already stripped and will never resemble your old baby again - we are aiming for rolling it out finished by June so watch this space and I will post some pics when she's done. I will give you a call when we have decided what isnt going to be used in the build - I am sure you can build her back to original glory with the stuff that we are not using (frame, tank, seat, yokes, oil tank, clutch and primary cases, silencer and exhaust, mudguards) - good grief, an engine and you will have her back as she was!!!

Edited by DaveD444

Keep in mind that there is a couple types of frame out there.

There is of course the "oil in" and "oil tank" type frames... plus some that have the fuel tank "wing" mount up front vs. just the verticle stud mount. Obviously your tank selection needs to correspond, but if you have parts already it all needs to be considered. You need to have a good discussion up front with your supplier in any case. They don't all seem to come with footrest mounts either, which might have to be fabricated. You will probably have to source out a swinging arm, and even the proper Ariel item needs to be sectioned out and narrowed.

A bit of work if not unsurmountable, however a new Montesa 4RT might be sounding more attractive to some! :thumbup:

Doug

ht_left.jpg

ht_rtpg1.jpg

Edited by huntmaster

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guy's

Hi Pitley.

Just realised, I have just sent your old Ariel HT frame off to the powder coaters to be finnished in as close a shade to Ariel maroon as we can get.

I spent a week referbing the frame and putting it back in to it's original condition. Bartram frame I think? Also modified a Ariel swinging arm to suit.

The frame is to be used to house our 410 cc pre production engine for testing. And will be fitted with Ariel Leader hubs. Will put some photos of the bike on as soon as I start to put her together. May be one day you can pop over and have a ride on the old girl.

Regard's Charlie.

Hi Guy's

Hi Pitley.

Just realised, I have just sent your old Ariel HT frame off to the powder coaters to be finnished in as close a shade to Ariel maroon as we can get.

I spent a week referbing the frame and putting it back in to it's original condition. Bartram frame I think? Also modified a Ariel swinging arm to suit.

The frame is to be used to house our 410 cc pre production engine for testing. And will be fitted with Ariel Leader hubs. Will put some photos of the bike on as soon as I start to put her together. May be one day you can pop over and have a ride on the old girl.

Regard's Charlie.

Hey Charlie.

Just seen your post.

The bike had a 410 motor when i had it, had the barrel made by Mick Dicko up Rotherham way.

Dont tell anyone but i run an Honda XL 250 piston in it,plenty of power to pull me (16 stone) around.

Wish i never sold it :huh:

Enjoy it Charlie :thumbup:

Edited by pitley