No Xispa At Ssdt ?

dortwilder

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it that "the man in the helicopter" was Steve Grindle, the main man behind RAW Sports clothing... not going to be easy parking that in Ft. Bill but at least he can get out to sections like Bradileg or Gorton without any problems (unless he lands it on a bottomless bog). :o

Got told that xispa gone back to factory with bikes cos cobos not happy with something, dont know what but i think they want it right before they bring em out

They probably forgot bearings.... Cost saving measure. They didnt realize that you need em to get through day 1 of the ssdt... ;)

--Biff

Funny how people forget!! I seem to recall that a certain supposedly 'copied' brand used to spin bearings in engine casings for fun, and more than a few were known to run backwards.

Maybe unlike another famous brand Xispa dont want their customers to have the headache and wallet pain of the doing the development for them and finding the problems and weakness's etc ;)

Ok, playing devils advocate again. I'm sure that there are many on here with better memeories than my own about promised ssdt appearances...

But i am 99% certain that nearly ALL of the modern era of bikes were destined to appear at the ssdt for the 1st time but didnt make it amid the hype for one reason or another ...wasnt it the case for the sy,4rt etc?? Let alone the overblown exaggerations of the sherco 4t being twice as good as the new at the same time 4rt and how their simpler technology was the way forward....... which one went on to sell hundreds and which went on to quietly disappear?? and why did did everyone let them go quiet after slagging off the monty so vociferously??

This has and will go on forever, trials riders and most involved in the sport dont like change and always slag it off until it becomes the norm!!

Certain Spanish 'team' bikes that are aimed at clubman that dont even pretend to be team bikes are filled with japanese bits to enable them to be tuned & reliable. The few that cant even guarantee that just blatantly cheat by taking and using many machines in the one trial,into the van with one and out with another, which have been caught and proved in the Scott & ssdt!

Lets not shoot folks down before they have a chance to produce a bike. Hell even us tossers get a chance on here so why shouldnt they ;)