No Xispa At Ssdt ?

dortwilder

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta managed it with the Rev-4 in 2007 ;)

yes Kinell the Beta was at the ssdt in 07 but nobody knew anything about it prior to the Milan show a few months earlier. If a bike is developed in secrecy you can change the launch date as many times as you like. Xispa maybe announced the bike too early but I still hope they succeed if only to improve the quality of the rest.

ps the Beta Rev 3 was launched in 2000 and their still working in the electrics 8 years later...........

All the bikes have room for improvement !!

yes Kinell the Beta was at the ssdt in 07 but nobody knew anything about it prior to the Milan show a few months earlier. If a bike is developed in secrecy you can change the launch date as many times as you like. Xispa maybe announced the bike too early but I still hope they succeed if only to improve the quality of the rest.

ps the Beta Rev 3 was launched in 2000 and their still working in the electrics 8 years later...........

All the bikes have room for improvement !!

That's a fair point about the secrecy bit, a tad narky though - are you being kept awake at night or something? ;)

That's a fair point about the secrecy bit, a tad narky though - are you being kept awake at night or something? ;)

I accept narky Kinell, little fella turned up at 4.27am yesterday and I'm just about going to give up on sleep for now :D

• 3 weeks later...

All this about the xispa been a sherco copy seems to me as the pan calling kettle grimey a**e.Wasnt the 99 sherco very very similar to the gas gas and didnt gas gas uk use the heading of, imitation is the biggest form of flattery, in its adverts of the time

All this about the xispa been a sherco copy seems to me as the pan calling kettle grimey a**e.Wasnt the 99 sherco very very similar to the gas gas and didnt gas gas uk use the heading of, imitation is the biggest form of flattery, in its adverts of the time

Yep, agree. It would be a complete waste of money to start with a Greeves and develop things from there! Of course you would use many of the latest ideas as a base point. If they're protected, then they'll be hit I'd imagine. If they're not then it does seem to be fair game (ish).

I do think they should have mentioned to the wee Chinese men involved that they need to do more than scratch the name badges off :-) but when it comes down to it, no matter what it looks like they'd have to be bloody idiots not to base it heavily on an existing leading machine, and the other manufacturers know that too. The only difference with this one is they've made it blatant, even to Joe public.

Xispa have a lot of work convincing the public that the bike delivers anywhere near what the Sherco package currently does. From what I've seen the costs seem to have crept from the initial mention of

Edited by bikespace

They need club riders out there proving it, and that'll be the tough job.

I don't think that would be a problem selling them at the right price, although if the price is going up, it could mean that in this case, development costs actually mean set-up costs which are probably quite high.

Being on the edge of a big worldwide bust which could last for 2,3 or more years,leave's xispa pretty much dead in the water for now.What the like's of gasgas and co have to do is keep up with moving there bike's development forward until the present xispa model look's 15 years old and the worth of a second hand 15 year old model is,not alot,thats what the buyer of an xispa needs to think about.I would'nt want to pay any more than

Edited by bilc0

Being on the edge of a big worldwide bust which could last for 2,3 or more years,leave's xispa pretty much dead in the water for now.What the like's of gasgas and co have to do is keep up with moving there bike's development forward until the present xispa model look's 15 years old and the worth of a second hand 15 year old model is,not alot,thats what the buyer of an xispa needs to think about.I would'nt want to pay any more than

Do road bikes not use petrol then ??

You can ride a road bike to work (can't ride your trials bike to work) and save alot of petrol instead of using the car and on the weekend you can go for a good ride.

I know some people who have sold there trials bike to get a road bike to do just that.