Majesty 250 Oils

not ron

I have got to prepare my 250 majesty for a friend to ride in a trial, I have not used it seriously for about 10 years. I cannot remember the oil volume or viscosity/type for the gearbox/clutch or the forks.

Please can anyone help, with regard to the forks they are standard Yamaha and if you give an answer I would be interested in the weight of rider.

Thanks

I use 150cc per leg of SAE 10 for a 200lb rider. Depending on what action you require and the state of the springs you can go lighter to 7.5 or heavier to 15.

With regard to the motor you may find the clutch won't work after standing for 10 years! With an old motor they should take 1000cc if it has been completely drained and cleaned. Realistically if you drain and refill it will take about 600cc or to the dipstick if you have one. I would use any ATF until the clutch starts to work again (maybe about 1 hour or when hot) then drain and refill with a good SAE 30.

Tony