Gas Gas Exhaust

jcr

the exhaust has been rubbed by the wheel and a hole has developed,i was thinking of cutting the end off it just after the bracket the re reviting the end back on so it is a smaller can,then it would not rub in the future but i worried it may make it to loud,anyone tried it?

the exhaust has been rubbed by the wheel and a hole has developed,i was thinking of cutting the end off it just after the bracket the re reviting the end back on so it is a smaller can,then it would not rub in the future but i worried it may make it to loud,anyone tried it?

Unless you truely value the sound of large rocks being thrown by other riders (and spectators) bouncing off your helmet due to the extra noise from your exhaust, I'd have a good welder patch it, re-pack the muffler and re-install it. With the fasteners loose, pull the muffler out a little and then tighten the fasteners. I'm guessing you've fallen over on that side and the muffler bracket may have been bent, but it's usually easily bent back. Keep an eye on it and pull it out if you see rub marks in the future. Dirt acts as a "dry" rubbing compound where the tire rubs so it can be worn through quite quickly. The shortened muffler will affect power to some degree, with less low-RPM grunt the likely possibility.

Cheers.

Jon