Questions About My New 280 -03

erixon

hallo !!

I have just purchased a gasgas 280 -03....and i have som questions

1.How often do you clean the airfilter ?

2.Is it importand that the bike is idling when you change gear??....can something break if you have a lot of rpm and you changing gear???

3.How often do you change the gear oil ?? I have a 10/40 transmission oil at home....it will do the job...right ?

4. How often do you guys lubricate the bearings in the swingarm ?

Best regards

Christian (Sweden)

1.i clean my alfilter every1-3 times if it is really dusty i change it after every ride if it is muddy but not wet every 3 times i ride and if it is muddy and wet every time i ride.

2.as for gear changing you do not need to be idling you can change at any rpm look at mx bikes there changin gears ast peak revs just make sure you use the clutch

3.i change my gearbox oil 4 times i ride the bike cause it is cheap and the clutch seams to work better when it has new oil and feels smoother oil is cheap so change regualy.dont no what you are supost to use in gas gas's but in my beta i use pj1 clutch tunner which is a light 80w

4.if you are using a pressure washer i would say grease them quite often as it will blast it out but i do mine along with the wheel bearings and headstock every 3 months as i only use a hose to clean the bike

1. The number of times you need to clean the air filter is dependant on your riding area and conditions. Basically inspect it after each ride and remove and clean if there is any sign of dirt buildup or water.

2. Bike doesn't necessarily need to be idling, but I wouldn't suggest doing high rpm power shifts. Trials transmissions are quite different from MX ones, that are designed for "under power" shifts. As your nit likely drag racing your bike, I wouldn't worry about it too much...take your time and make the shift.

3. It is recommended that you use a Dextron III automatic transmission fluid (AFT) in the gearbox. This has been found to be most compatible with the clutch plates. Some people have had success with other fluids, but ATF is cheap and works, so why take the chance. Change it frequently. The more the better. As I said, ATF is cheap, so it's not a big financial burden and is MUCH better on ANY motor to change it alot. I do mine every other ride.

4. Again, swingarm bearings and suspension linkage bearings are dependant on you and your riding areas/conditions. I'm assuming the bike is used? If so, take it apart now and inspect. If you ride in alot of wet conditions, I'd suggest you reinspect it after a month. This will give you a better idea of the intervals you will need. Again, you can't do it too much regardless...it's only labour :rolleyes:

Hope that helps.