Keihin / Oko On Fantic 249

lee harris

Steve ; I run a 2 inch pvc pipe spacer to get the preload my 200+lbs wants ... Just besure to put a flat washer between spring and pvc , so spring doesn't slowly eat up the pvc ... Bob taught me that !

Glenn

.but the big test comes this weekend with the centre team trial. This event has experts of british national level riding one route which i'll be riding. The course will be a good intermediate centre level so the experts should go clean. i want to shame as many guys on modern bikes as i can

So Spud, how did you get on? how many did you shame?

A very nice trial by the way. well done Kent & Sussex

So Spud, how did you get on? how many did you shame?

A very nice trial by the way. well done Kent & Sussex

Excellent trial but no results as of yet. Now, i'm not one for blaming the bike because it was my fault but I've to admit i made a stupid mistake of removing a return spring which stopped the rear brake from locking on when the brake was applied. The spring and cable tie slotted over the the brake peddle. Yes, i'm a twit i didn't know what it was for but still removed it....so I'm expecting to lose about 35marks in total. I had four 5's two of which were caused by my not knowing about the brake problem until later on in the trial and the bike stalling, I can also add to them 5's about another 5 marks when i was trying to release the rear brake whilst unsuccesfully balancing at the same time......Now, i did have some very good rides and on the rocks the bike was very good to ride i expect my true score to have been around 20marks and on a twinshock not that bad. We've a centre event this weekend i may ride it on Inters, are you riding?

No. off to Italy to watch the WTC. don,t ride in the centre much these days.

I lost one mark sunday, a dab on section 7, lap 2.

Very good chance you've taken the win i've not heard of anyone who scored less than 3 marks - a well done to you if you have won.

Could you post on TC when your in Italy???..... I'm mainly interested in all the British lads rides.

.....couple of pics of me from motorbiketrials website

post-786-1214345755.jpg

post-786-1214345777.jpg

Edited by spud