Sherpa T Help

scorpa4banger

I just got the haynes service manual for my 75/76 250 sherpa t

Just reading through and it says there is a Gearbox Oil compartment with the filler in the center of the engine at the top and a Primary Chain case filler at the top on the side casing ..

goes onto say that you stick 300ml's of SAE 10 in the center gearbox compartment and 500 ml's of SAE 90 Gearbox oil in the Primary chain case filler

first off i didnt realise there were two compartments ..

secondly the drain for the primary chain case I thought was at the bottom of that same side casing with a long bolt washer head bolt , I drained 450ml's of oil out of there when I got it

then stuck the same but new oil back in it ..

where is the drain for the gearbox compartment ? ?

also what Oil should I use .. for the primary I just stuck Gear Saver 85 in there

what should I be using for both ??

cheers

Hi Scorpa,

The gearbox has a drain plug on the LHS at the bottom of the casing, sort of in-line with the gearbox spkt. I use 500ml SAE 90 there. The filler is a plastic screw plug at the top of the gearbox casing, under the carb more or less.

The clutch has a drain on the clutch casing (RHS) I think your model has this as one of the cover screws. Best to use an ATF there, 300ml or a 10 weight mineral oil. The filler is at the top of the clutch case.

Bye, PeterB.