Ty250 Mono Not Revving Cleanly

mickh

at a trial on sunday i found that when i first opened the throttle the engine hesitated at first then as the revs rose it cleared and revved perfectly. the carb has been cleaned jets blown out etc and a new plug fitted.

any help would be greatly appreciated

mickh

I used to have a TY that got a bit confused until i really cleaned the exhuast out, as in the whole exhuast, not just the silencer. I cut the front off the middle box, burnt out loads of gunk and carbon with a gas torch then repacked it, it ran really well after that. You don't have to cut the front off the box though, running a gas flame through it untill it's really hot does the same, but it did let me see what a state it was in, all the holes in the baffle were clogged and the diameter had narrowed quite a bit. The confused running was a problem that crept up slowly, not one that suddenly appears so not sure if it's your problem.

Clean the carb again? B)

Air filter obviously but I'm sure you've done that.

It sure sounds like a blockage in your pilot jet.

If you have good spark, good air, good fuel then could the timing have slipped? I've heard of woodruff keys shearing allowing this to happen but to be honest I have no idea what one is or even if a TY has one!

Fuel height in the float chamber is critical. Too high and it'll sound like its choking up on up to quarter throttle, beyond that its fine.

Can't remember the measurements but I'll try and dig out the manual

Eiger