Sherco Tips

copemech

Many have complained about leaky fuel caps on the '06, '07 and '08 Shercos causing the tank stickers to soften with the fuel and so on.

Seems even the early ' 08 white tanks were a bit thin in the mould and the cap would not lock in the threads because they would expand easily. I understand there have been some warranty adjustments made here. But for others, it just seems the plastic seal on the cap will not seal perfectly!

Well, after recieving a sample replacement from Outlaw Trialsport, the issue seems resolved! It is a rubberized cork replacement that is a bit tricke to replace the original without tearing, may help if you warm it a bit, but it just works! And I like things that just work!

If I had done it, it would have been pure rubber, but that is not the issue, as it works well.

I recommend you contact Outlaw Dave on this site or PM me for his email in canada, great guy! Trying not to break any rules here, yet I want to promote things that work! :D

I've also had a leaky cap on my 08. The white sticker now has yellow edges. I might try to get one on warranty.

I think the old gasket has stretched. I've bought a new factory gasket and the inner diameter is smaller than the old.

Every time you tighten the cap the gasket stretches.

I haven't used the new one yet because while waiting for it to arrive I put a thick rubber o ring on the recess of the cap and the old gasket sit snuggly against it. It's sealed perfectly for a couple of months now.

Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Edited by clav3