Bearing Kit For Linkage Asm

firstgear

Is anybody aware of a bearing/seal kit for the rear suspension on a 07 Sherco 290?

I was recently show a kit that All Balls sells for the Gas Gas and was wondering if a kit like that exist for the Sherco?

All Balls does not list a kit for the Sherco on there web site.

If no kit then does anybody have the numbers for the bearings/seals needed? They seem to wear fast so it must be a common repair.

Numbers listed on Sherco parts diagram seem to be difficult to find.

HK 16162RS

HK 14162RS

HK 16202RS

HK 20X20X2RS (SWINGARM)

Is anybody aware of a bearing/seal kit for the rear suspension on a 07 Sherco 290?

I was recently show a kit that All Balls sells for the Gas Gas and was wondering if a kit like that exist for the Sherco?

All Balls does not list a kit for the Sherco on there web site.

If no kit then does anybody have the numbers for the bearings/seals needed? They seem to wear fast so it must be a common repair.

Numbers listed on Sherco parts diagram seem to be difficult to find.

HK 16162RS

HK 14162RS

HK 16202RS

HK 20X20X2RS (SWINGARM)

Hi,these numbers are all std refs,go straight to a bearing dealer,they'll prob be in stock,and a lot cheaper than a Sherco dealer,they will also do your seals if you take an old one with you,chences are they will be a "G" type seal :D

If your bearings are gone the bushings are too, most likely, and you will only get them from Sherco unles you make them yourself.

I suggest you support your dealer or importer, doubt you will save much, other than a relationship! :D

Here's my repair list from last time, so if I understood your question, then you're after HK 2020 2 RS

C169 HK 1416 2 RS Dogbone Large Bearing

C168 HK 1616 2 RS Dogbone Small Bearing

C151 HK 2020 2 RS Swing Arm Spindle Bearing

C167 HK 1620 2 RS Swing Arm Pivot Bearing

R217 Rear shock upper bushing repair kit

C170 Link Spacer Front Dog Bone

C171 Link Spacer Rear Dog bone

C157 Rear Suspension Delta Link

C175 Hex Head Screw (x2) Front Dog Bone

M305 8mm Nylock nut (x2) Front Dog Bone

C172 Pin 10 x 120 Rear Dog Bone bolt (x1)

M304 10mm Nylock nut (x1) Rear Dog Bone

C174 Pin 10 x 72 Swing arm pivot bolt

C303 Front exhaust to backbox fitting rubber

M259 Screw CHC 10 x 50 Top Suspension bolt

C173 Pin 10 x 42 Lower suspension Bolt

Copemech

I totally understand about supporting your local dealer! I am a local dealer, just not for Sherco's. I am trying to help a fellow rider out and get his bike ready for the MN.

Nationals. I buy all my bearings from a bearing supplier, it allows me to offer my customer a product at a fair price and I can actually make more money on it. Everyone is happy.

I could buy wheel bearings from my importer at $40 ea then I have to mark it up from there. I buy direct from a local bearing distributer at $4 ea. Yes we are talking the same quality bearing.

I can then mark the bearing up to say $12 and make more money and save my customer big bucks.

In order for us small local dealers to make any type of profit we have to be smart and save where we can. I spend allot of time doing research on where to get the best parts for the best price both for myself and the end user the customer.

Thank You for you comments.

Copemech

I totally understand about supporting your local dealer! I am a local dealer, just not for Sherco's. I am trying to help a fellow rider out and get his bike ready for the MN.

Nationals. I buy all my bearings from a bearing supplier, it allows me to offer my customer a product at a fair price and I can actually make more money on it. Everyone is happy.

I could buy wheel bearings from my importer at $40 ea then I have to mark it up from there. I buy direct from a local bearing distributer at $4 ea. Yes we are talking the same quality bearing.

I can then mark the bearing up to say $12 and make more money and save my customer big bucks.

In order for us small local dealers to make any type of profit we have to be smart and save where we can. I spend allot of time doing research on where to get the best parts for the best price both for myself and the end user the customer.

Thank You for you comments.

I agree you need to suport your dealer,but in the UK,we get so used to being ripped off by dealers,you've got to save money somewhere,so why not save on the non tied parts? They've got you over a barrel for most bits!

firstgear Posted Today, 09:45 AM

Copemech

I totally understand about supporting your local dealer! I am a local dealer, just not for Sherco's.

AH Yes, He is a dealer, the

GREAT AND MIGHTY PARTS SUPPLIER TO TRIALS GODS!!

:crying::thumbup:

God I should have thought of that! We'll buy um cheap and sell them to Zippy!

Yeah except for the fact that after Zippy tells me the wife won't let him spend any money and the kids are hungry and even though his bearings are seized he really doesn't need them as he rides away with his front tire skidding and his shorts flapping in the wind (I assume cause he can't afford pants?) I will end up chasing after him and selling the $4 bearing to him for $3.75

firstgear Posted Today, 07:19 AM

God I should have thought of that! We'll buy um cheap and sell them to Zippy!

Yeah except for the fact that after Zippy tells me the wife won't let him spend any money and the kids are hungry and even though his bearings are seized he really doesn't need them as he rides away with his front tire skidding and his shorts flapping in the wind (I assume cause he can't afford pants?) I will end up chasing after him and selling the $4 bearing to him for $3.75

Yeah First gear is just that great of a guy.

Are you suggesting that if my bike was in tip top shape I would ride better?