Outlaw Dave's 71st Birthday Ride

outlaw dave

On August 17th, a group of 12 Trials riders made the trip up Joss Mountain, near Revelstoke BC

the elevation at the top is 7,825ft, and it is both a challenging and inspiring ride.

You can see pics of this by visiting www.outlawtrials.com - gallery

Hi Vinnie - Yes we certainly do know how lucky we are ! - That is the reason I left the UK to live in Canada! However, this particular ride is difficult if you are 21 - very difficult at 71, - I've been very fortunate to do this six times, - Seven at this point seems unlikely, but we will decide next year.

i've always wanted to visit canada and being 31 years your junior maybe one day my family will make the journey. perhaps now is the right time its my 40th in a couple of months the boss asked what would i to do, and looking at that beautiful country side canada is now on the list. just out of interest if you had any recommendations i've a young son so he needs lots of entertainment, and eating out is high on the list as well as shopping for the boss, what part of canada would suit a family?- thank cliff

Edited by spud

Hi Spud - Although I have traveled all over this big Country from coast to coast and also the North - My favorite place is where I live in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. - The weather is fairly mild, but you can Ski at some of the best places in the World, plus fish or boat on the many Lakes in the area. The beaches are packed in the Summer months, and it is definitely a Tourist destination. - However, we go Trials riding most weekends, and can do the Mountain trips as seen on my gallery, there is always somewhere different to explore if thats what you are into. - The Cities of Kelowna, and Vernon, have great restaurants, but Vancouver is only five hours away via the Coquihalla Mountain Highway. - I see you have a Fantic 240 as well as the Beta - I have two of the very rare 240's that are in this Country.

Best Regards

Outlaw Dave