Water Pump Corrosion

clarkp

Terry - the guys at BETA USA just wanted to get the part from me so they can send it to the parent company for analysis. On the phone they just speculated that there may have been some impurities in the magnesium batch - no one can be sure at this point. They wanted to get me running again as soon as possible and have already shipped my parts.

Dabs... good point... I didn't even think about it when I was ordering my other parts - maybe a good 60 oz. shop hammer, some C-clamps, and a couple of cold cervezas would do the job :rolleyes: I just don't know which tool to use first... better have another beer to think this over - could take a while...

• 4 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

I lost all my coolant last weekend through the water pump housing, mine was a bit meor than a pin hole :(;)

It is worth checking, I have used that putty stuff that sets to metal, my bike nipped up but no real damage, but as I am taking the ''OLD GIRL'' round Scotland I have given it a new piston rings, little end bearing etc.

Funny story..got it all back together and tidying up my bench and found one ''CIRCLIP'' that holds the gudgeon pin in :D:D .a few choice words bellowed from inside my garage. Still I am pretty damn good at taking the cylinder off now.

Now running a treat and no water leaks....so all you Beta riders, wip the water pump cover off and check it may be cheaper than new barrell :D:huh: