Ty Project

polarity3232

Hey all , a good friend and all around good guy that I ride with informed me he was moving out of his house into a townhouse and would have to get rid of a 74 ty 250 , and asked if i were interested. I said i was, and asked what he wanted for her , his reply was "nothing , its yours !" So needless to say I am excited to bring her back to life ( parked in garage for many years, and was purchased as a parts bike) I have never restored anything , but am fairly competent in the garage, but am looking for any advice or input from your vast experiences ! Here are a few pics, mind you it was in boxes two hours earlier, but i just couldn't resist ! :thumbup:

th_DSC05150.jpg

th_DSC05147.jpg

:thumbup: Some guys have all the luck !!! My suggestions would be to ;

1 ,Get a shop manual and get the bike ridable (w/as small a investment as possible) so you can evaluate what it needs to be safe and reliable ...

2 ,Decide what you want to do with it ? ie. compete , practice , play whatever...

3 ,Then repair , replace , rebuild , modify , and customize to suit your wants and desires !

4 ,And remember that riding the old Ty will make you better on your modern bike !

5 , Join the ITSA and come have some fun with us other vintage/twinshock riders !

6 , Contact Bob Ginder at B&J Racing .com for parts , modifications , morale support , and to see just how truly magnificent a TY 250 can be !

Best of luck , take your time and have fun !!!

Glenn :huh:

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks, kinda what i was thinking , I will certainly play on it , may do some itsa ??I'm sure I will be contacting b&j regularly for parts, and I live close to sturtevant , for help with all the mechanicals and what not !! Looking forward to getting into it (I think ??) LOL , thanks for the reply, and im sure i will have tons of questions upcoming !! CHAD :thumbup: