M/bro October 12th Trial

wri5hty

the trial due to be held at lazenby on October 12th has been moved to Scotland farm instead. after the trial at Scotland farm on sep 6th was canceled due to torrential rain we have managed to get the venue for our October 12th trial as it is too good a venue too miss. the trial will be three laps of twelve sections (observers permitting) and will consist of duel sections for experts inters and clubmen a/b sorry no youths. so lets hope the weather holds and we can have a cracking trial if you can bring an observer with you please do so. Scotland farm is off the osmotherly to snailsworth road and will be flagged in from both directions and would be a good warm up trial for the Scott. clubmen don't let that put you off its just as good for us as the experts. hope to see you there. ta Paul

Thanks vicky im just glad everyone enjoyed it cracking bit of land that place. now just make sure i get a ride in the colonial next year i will be a first timer so i hope your dad goes easy on virgins :huh: . Thanks to all the observers(your priceless) and riders who turned out for what was a great trial. and a big thankyou to phil teasdale for all the help over the weekend your a top bloke cheers. vic boys next another easy one! see you all there. paul

we are sorting out when we can get up there phil i will get in touch with you when we know cheers. hull have a trial on sunday bikespace it's at rockhouse, near rosedale it's a center championship round i think. i have never riden there but obsereved for the colonial there look's a cracking venue some huge rock's.

Cheers Paul - will have to get TMX, although my work may have scuppered any plans, as I may have to work through Sunday night now. I was sort of thinking of coming up to watch the Scott, and ride a trial on the way back with my lad.

I guess there would be no Youth C class or similar at this Hull one?

I rode a few trials round Rosedale as a kid, but can't say I remember the names.

no problem bikespace if your ever coming up this way and want to know whats on give me a shout i'll find out for you. if you want next year,s events calander for east yorks when it comes out let me know if you can send me an address wiithout everyone getting it that is i will post you one off. do you still have family up this way? just had a look at the hand book it is a center championship but it say's trial all class's so not sure about c-class just in case you do make it.

Edited by wri5hty

Cheers Paul, you're a star. Yep, old folks (Barry and Dot) still live in Yarm. Old man in his 70's now, healthier these days after a few setbacks but still taking it too easy to get out to too many trials other than vintage club.

I've said I'd get back up there for a trial for years now, but never got round to it. One day we will. I did nothing but trials as a kid and it was a lot of the East Yorks courses still ridden. I still remember every inch of Harwood Dale, Lazenby Bank, Charltons, Birk Brow. Would be great to have another go, despite me riding far worse than I could nearly 25 years ago :-)

i think your mam and dad live near my uncle les near lauren beat. if you do get over here for a trial guisbrough do a cracking 1 lapper adult only because of road work but takes in experts inters and clubmen a/b entered it this year and will be there again next. 40 sections(36 for club b ) and about 40 miles of fairly easy run, 2 petrol stop's, really good event well organised with choc bar and drink at punch card change and food at the end all in the entry fee i would of paid the entry just for the run between section 2 & 3. if guisbrough dont mention it on here i will it deserves a full house. fantastic trial.

Cheers I'll watch out for that one.

Christ yeah - I forgot Les was your uncle. Great bloke, lives about 100 yards from them, I noticed still got his mint condition VW Caddy, must be about 25 years old now. Les used to do half our push bike repairs and upgrades when we were kids - for all the local trials kids. Sometimes we'd have to wait two weeks to get things done till he came back off the rigs poor chap :thumbup:

Not sure what's happening this weekend - still fighting change control at work - so everything could be cancelled and I might be up the road tonight.

Wouldn't mind getting to the Scott, not sure if we'd manage trial on Sunday, struggling for time now.