How To Adjust My Xl250 Motosport 1972

ty250nl

Hello Honda experts,

Has anyone ever changed a XL250 into a trialbike?

Since the TL250 is extinct here in Holland I was planning to convert my XL250 Motosport.

Please advice me about the important changes like sprocketsizes, position of footpegs, gearchange pedal and rearbrake pedal.

Do I build new wiring or can I just tape of the extensions I don't need?

Thanks in advance.

Yes Peter Gaunt rode one in the 1973 Scottish. A few were converted and they were known as Jeffries Hondas. The frame head angle was altered the bottom frame tubes removed and engine was lifted in the frame and bash plate added and a shortened swing arm was used to alter the wheel base. Also the carb was changed from30mm to 26mm Amal. They were quite successful back in the day. I wonder if there are any survivors ??? All this info is in the book "Four stroke finale" The Honda trials story, there is a copy on the bay at present currently at around

dont bother.frame very heavy, engine no power.i used to have one i bought a fraser frame put in motorsport engine rode once took engine out again put motorsport back together again and sold it.i then had good idea i put engine out of standard 250 rs twin port taking out balancer weights and rode for 2 years in trials,i even found a genuine factory rtl 250 alloy petrol tank.i sold it to a bloke not far away from me,he wanted it for green laneing,i met him again few years later he put on larger tank,and threw away rtl tank down tip.what would tank be worth on ebay now.